• The KillerFrogs

NFL Frogs 2021…..

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The NFL doesn't take long to figure out the weaknesses and tendencies of a new player. Players must adjust, or get replaced with somebody who can.

Eight

in high school he was the best athlete on the field and did some incredibly things with the ball in his hands

in college he was one of the best athletes on the field and made some big plays such as the hail mary at half against smu and the td run against baylor where i am not sure how many bear defenders the frogs actually blocked

in the nfl he is just another athlete and all those little things he either never learned, developed, or intrinsically just doesn't have become more and more apparent as more and more film comes out on you

in regards to the size issue raised by wex, smith isn't exactly mike evans or megatron and yet he somehow gets off the line and into his routes

SuperTFrog

I agree that Reagor seems to be a complete bust. However, Hurts is an awful qb. Not sure how closely y’all watched this game or many others, but I probably watched 8 Eagles games in their entirety. Hurts is one of the most inaccurate passers I have ever seen. Aikman kept hinting at it all game - “These passes should be easy completions and for some reason today they aren’t” or “If they played Michael Irvin with same coverage they’ve been guarding Smith in the first half he would have had 10 completions in the first half”.

So many of his passing yards are on balls thrown within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage. If y’all think Max can’t throw a deep ball, watch the tape on Hurts. He is so bad. Jerry Hughes was a complete bust after 3 years in Indianapolis (5 sacks in 3 years - 1.7 per season). Then he went to Buffalo and has been good for a decade (53 sacks in 9 seasons - 5.8 per season). I think we won’t know completely about Reagor until he goes to a new team. He may suck their too, but I am not going to judge him based on the QB’s he’s had. I know Smith put up good numbers but I bet he was targeted twice as much as Reagor.

Eight

I agree that Reagor seems to be a complete bust. However, Hurts is an awful qb. Not sure how closely y’all watched this game or many others, but I probably watched 8 Eagles games in their entirety. Hurts is one of the most inaccurate passers I have ever seen. Aikman kept hinting at it all game - “These passes should be easy completions and for some reason today they aren’t” or “If they played Michael Irvin with same coverage they’ve been guarding Smith in the first half he would have had 10 completions in the first half”.

So many of his passing yards are on balls thrown within 5 yds of the line of scrimmage. If y’all think Max can’t throw a deep ball, watch the tape on Hurts. He is so bad. Jerry Hughes was a complete bust after 3 years in Indianapolis (5 sacks in 3 years - 1.7 per season). Then he went to Buffalo and has been good for a decade (53 sacks in 9 seasons - 5.8 per season). I think we won’t know completely about Reagor until he goes to a new team. He may suck their too, but I am not going to judge him based on the QB’s he’s had. I know Smith put up good numbers but I bet he was targeted twice as much as Reagor.

philly does have quarterback issues but merely get more targets why smith averaged almost 5 ypc more than reagor or reagor's continued issues with catching punts and running routes

he needs to learn the position and that falls on him

CountryFrog

philly does have quarterback issues but merely get more targets why smith averaged almost 5 ypc more than reagor or reagor's continued issues with catching punts and running routes

he needs to learn the position and that falls on him
I think all of it is true. Hurts is an absolute horrid passer. Holds the ball way too long then is very inaccurate when he does throw. He's in no way an NFL starting caliber QB.

Then we all are familiar with what Reagor's strengths and weaknesses are and they're exactly the same today as they were when he was a freshman at TCU. Lots of NFL teams refuse to draft WR's from spread offenses like what we ran (although it's getting harder these days with so many teams running it) because they run about 3 routes and none of them are difficult at all. His route running hasn't gotten much better and he's never going to be someone who catches every single pass. I will say though that when you watch the Eagles play then you see him and others get behind defenses and Hurts either holds it too long before trying to get it to them or he doesn't see them at all.

And the punt return stuff is the fault of the Eagles. He dropped several punts at TCU despite only being a returner for one season. He's continued dropping them in the NFL. And yet they keep putting him back there. At what point is it no longer even his fault that people keep asking him to do something that he clearly can't.

Bottom line is that he was a project of a pick due to the lack of route running on college. Whether he's been poorly coached, he himself hasn't put in the time, or he simply doesn't have the skill needed to ever be a good NFL WR I really don't know. All I know for sure is that he has one, maybe two more years to get a lot better or his career will likely be over.

b2d6cc0cc8aedb17ef03ce99a1b42fa0.jpg
Renfro still the all time TCU NFL WR crown. I’m still not over the missed TD against the Steelers in the AFC championship.

Eight

I think all of it is true. Hurts is an absolute horrid passer. Holds the ball way too long then is very inaccurate when he does throw. He's in no way an NFL starting caliber QB.

Then we all are familiar with what Reagor's strengths and weaknesses are and they're exactly the same today as they were when he was a freshman at TCU. Lots of NFL teams refuse to draft WR's from spread offenses like what we ran (although it's getting harder these days with so many teams running it) because they run about 3 routes and none of them are difficult at all. His route running hasn't gotten much better and he's never going to be someone who catches every single pass. I will say though that when you watch the Eagles play then you see him and others get behind defenses and Hurts either holds it too long before trying to get it to them or he doesn't see them at all.

And the punt return stuff is the fault of the Eagles. He dropped several punts at TCU despite only being a returner for one season. He's continued dropping them in the NFL. And yet they keep putting him back there. At what point is it no longer even his fault that people keep asking him to do something that he clearly can't.

Bottom line is that he was a project of a pick due to the lack of route running on college. Whether he's been poorly coached, he himself hasn't put in the time, or he simply doesn't have the skill needed to ever be a good NFL WR I really don't know. All I know for sure is that he has one, maybe two more years to get a lot better or his career will likely be over.

agree and if he reaches the end of his first contract at the latest and still can't consistently deliver the basics of the nfl receiver as a 3rd or 4th option guy he not only will be gone, but the market will be slim simply because of economics. why pay a guy second contract dollars if they are still learning the position when you can go get a guy out of the draft, rookie fa, or someone who can play the position with lesser skills for less or equal money

the fact a guy like amendola still is in the league tells you the need for dependable receivers to man that 3rd and 4th slot and brandon cooks doesn't have some of the physical talents of reagor, but when it comes to route running and situational football cooks is playing chess while reagor is still playing chutes and ladders