• The KillerFrogs

Mathis to the portal….

Planks

I can’t blame him, he seems like more of a traditional 4 man front DE.

He’s probably not big enough to play DE in a 3-3-5, but probably too big to play LB, so he doesn’t have a good position fit anymore in our defense. He will be a better scheme fit elsewhere

cheese83

I think beast on the field isn't quite right. He was certainly good, but he sacrificed a lot to rush the QB. Believe he was a pretty big liability in run stopping.... little bit like the old Mario Williams. Outside rush every play, runs to his side were very successful.

I'd take either of those guys in college.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I can’t blame him, he seems like more of a traditional 4 man front DE.

He’s probably not big enough to play DE in a 3-3-5, but probably too big to play LB, so he doesn’t have a good position fit anymore in our defense. He will be a better scheme fit elsewhere
I think this is really what is happening. I wish the guy all the best but I still think his play this past season was woeful considering his sophomore season

Palliative Care

So much potential but little to show for it last season. Even if he gets to another 4 man defensive line team will he succeeded?

Natural abilities can only take you so far. He needs to ask himself...what will it take and does he have the desire to work that hard?

tetonfrog

I bet he will shine in the right scheme under a new coach. As long as he moves out of conference, I wish him well. He would be perfect as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Pharm Frog

I bet he will shine in the right scheme under a new coach. As long as he moves out of conference, I wish him well. He would be perfect as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

If he would make a perfect OLB in a 3-4 scheme, he'd make just as good of a LB in a Stack 3. Just my opinion.

Wexahu

If he would make a perfect OLB in a 3-4 scheme, he'd make just as good of a LB in a Stack 3. Just my opinion.
Sounds like the staff wanted him to beef up and play on the line, and he maybe didn't like that idea so much.

Not sure how much we'll miss him on the field, but he always seemed like a good dude and a good Frog to me.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
3-3-5 seems better if you have three DT types squeezing the middle to stop the run but not speed rushing the QB around the edge. Daring the other team to run wide with LBers and/or safeties ready to blitz from any locations or drop into coverage or stop RB wheel routes ;)

Ready to see it in action. I watched Tulsa really confuse and slow OSU and almost win...while mr defense gave up 63.
Bwahahahaha
Bwahahahaha

asleep003

Sounds like the staff wanted him to beef up and play on the line, and he maybe didn't like that idea so much.

Not sure how much we'll miss him on the field, but he always seemed like a good dude and a good Frog to me.
Sure he could have been helpful at LB or at least available at DE, if a scheme might force us, immediately, into a 4 man line.