• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Patterson meets with Steve Sarkisian about possible role on Texas staff

ticketfrog123

So you think GP was getting offered a job by JD to work in the athletic department after we just fired him as our HC?

I am sure Dykes would have been all over having a legend walking the halls
No - it was an option in theory if they didn’t fire him

Can’t see GP helping fundraise for any other coach TBH, but the precedent is there with Mack Brown and VY

FrogCop19

Daft comment from an 'inbred' friend and Texas alum. "So, if this does transpire...you folks

would have a statue of a UT Special Assistant" on your campus? (censor)!
My reply would be, "Yes, he's the guy that beat the dog piss out of Texas seven out of the last ten years. And for that reason alone he will always have a special place in my heart, no matter what color jersey he wears."

ticketfrog123

Really?

So a few years ago Ann Louden left TCU after years of being VBo’s assistant because he could not get approval for her role to move from part time to be a full time role from the board. She was his right arm and the best at what she did because of her relationships in FtW from the years of being married to Malcolm - and VBo has struggled to find anyone even close to replace her.

We have had several assistant deans and other professors leave because we don’t add roles for them to advance even though we have numerous programs without proper oversight in their areas - and VBo has tried to create positions to stop it but cant without approval - which he doesn’t get due to our already high faculty to student ratio requirements

Yet somehow you think we can just snap fingers and create a role in the Administration for a couple of million a year just so GP can hang around and not go coach somewhere else? The FRC would stage a walk out given how often they are told no to every salary or faculty position increase in the face of rising tuition

Where exactly do you think this GP role would sit within the University?

Amazing how little our football fans seem to understand about how the rest of the school operates

Just like with CDC - just because ADJD says it doesn’t mean it was reality - they are both good at selling what needs to be sold
Frog Club won’t be part of TCU much longer with NIL (if it even technically is today)

Look at how LSU, Bama, Clemson, A&M have it set up.

Lol at this sob story about AL needing a full time role at the university. She was an assistant helping with fundraising and partnerships (and obviously did not need the salary) — if she was so critical to TCU & V-Bo then why did she end up at a lower tier school (Adelphi)

FrogBall09

Frog Club won’t be part of TCU much longer with NIL (if it even technically is today)

Look at how LSU, Bama, Clemson, A&M have it set up.

Lol at this sob story about AL needing a full time role at the university. She was an assistant helping with fundraising and partnerships (and obviously did not need the salary) — if she was so critical to TCU & V-Bo then why did she end up at a lower tier school (Adelphi)
Thanks for verifying you have no idea what you are talking about....

Ann had nothing to do with Frog Club beyond coordinating their team with VBos office. Plus unless we get rid of scholarships, Frog Club is not going away.

She was VBo's special projects director - and if you were involved with TCU at that level you would know almost every project VBo has done outside of pure capital improvements falls under Special Projects but mostly she coordinated all his committees - alumni, faculty, community relations, advisory, etc. At the time, you would see her more than you ever saw VBo if you were on a committee.

And since you don't know her - you would have no understanding of why she needed a job after her divorce from Malcolm - but she does, thus why she still works.

Last time I saw her she was running her own non-profit consulting company in NYC and doing pretty well at it - Adelphi and their capital campaigns is one of her clients, not her job.

But the point being - VBo could not even get her role approved as a full-time job instead of a "external contractor" role at TCU - so she had to leave to find a better paying opportunity. But somehow VBo is going to create a mythical multi-million dollar salary opening for GP out of the mist?

again - learn how our university works outside the athletic department - VBo is not a despot.

My reply would be, "Yes, he's the guy that beat the dog piss out of Texas seven out of the last ten years. And for that reason alone he will always have a special place in my heart, no matter what color jersey he wears."
Frankly, that is the reason for his comment...I remind him of that fact incessantly.

Quid pro quo.....

Ann had nothing to do with Frog Club beyond coordinating their team with VBos office. Plus unless we get rid of scholarships, Frog Club is not going away.

She was VBo's special projects director - and if you were involved with TCU at that level you would know almost every project VBo has done outside of pure capital improvements falls under Special Projects but mostly she coordinated all his committees - alumni, faculty, community relations, advisory, etc. At the time, you would see her more than you ever saw VBo if you were on a committee.

And since you don't know her - you would have no understanding of why she needed a job after her divorce from Malcolm - but she does, thus why she still works.

Last time I saw her she was running her own non-profit consulting company in NYC and doing pretty well at it - Adelphi and their capital campaigns is one of her clients, not her job.

But the point being - VBo could not even get her role approved as a full-time job instead of a "external contractor" role at TCU - so she had to leave to find a better paying opportunity. But somehow VBo is going to create a mythical multi-million dollar salary opening for GP out of the mist?

again - learn how our university works outside the athletic department - VBo is not a despot.
I do not care to comment on their personal lives but professionally, Malcolm and Bob got the rug pulled out from underneath them at Walsh. It shows you that life can change on a dime and that we are all dispensable.

vicarfrog

Man, GP could be such a hero in TCU land if he would have accepted a job somewhere in the administration.
But I don't think that's where his passion lies.

And think of it this way, his assumed joining of UT makes the transition cleaner for TCU's new coaching staff.

Westsider

Ann Louden and Susan Nix were Frog thoroughbreds and probably irreplaceable. Curious, though, is there anyone around today maybe following in their footsteps?

FrogBall09

Ann Louden and Susan Nix were Frog thoroughbreds and probably irreplaceable. Curious, though, is there anyone around today maybe following in their footsteps?
not really. I feel like that level of commitment to TCU may be a thing of the past with more than just our athletes. Mrs. Nix was one of a kind - she was the nicest person I ever met at TCU and made me feel like family the first day I showed up on campus not even knowing how to get to the baseball field, so she drove me down.

ticketfrog123

I never said she was involved with frog club. You should learn how booster clubs work.

If TCU wants to remain committed to athletics, then they will split it off from the university like TAF. If not, then oh well.

Agree to disagree on somebody who moves to NYC from Fort Worth as “in need of money”

You seem to be hyper focused on one incredibly small subset of TCU and completely ignore the fact that TCU’s admin staff has significantly increased in the past few years.

Really not sure what your angle is about VBo

FrogBall09

I never said she was involved with frog club. You should learn how booster clubs work.

If TCU wants to remain committed to athletics, then they will split it off from the university like TAF. If not, then oh well.

Agree to disagree on somebody who moves to NYC from Fort Worth as “in need of money”

You seem to be hyper focused on one incredibly small subset of TCU and completely ignore the fact that TCU’s admin staff has significantly increased in the past few years.

Really not sure what your angle is about VBo
That he can’t create a multi-million dollar position for GP - so this idea that we offered him a role in administration is a joke

And our admin has grown much slower than our overall university especially compared to faculty and students

ticketfrog123

That he can’t create a multi-million dollar position for GP - so this idea that we offered him a role in administration is a joke

And our admin has grown much slower than our overall university especially compared to faculty and students
Nobody said we offered him a role in admin or that it was multi million dollar job (Vince Young and Mack Browns were not)

TCU has an Office of Inclusiveness - don’t tell me the admin hasn’t become bloated and increasingly useless. Unless you happen to be a member of the LetterPeople Association

Sir you seem to be under the extreme influence of alcohol (or Boschini’s mind control) - step away from the keyboard for the night

FrogBall09

Nobody said we offered him a role in admin or that it was multi million dollar job (Vince Young and Mack Browns were not)

TCU has an Office of Inclusiveness - don’t tell me the admin hasn’t become bloated and increasingly useless. Unless you happen to be a member of the LetterPeople Association

Sir you seem to be under the extreme influence of alcohol (or Boschini’s mind control) - step away from the keyboard for the night
Again - there are actual facts that are publicly available that show our admin has grown slightly over 12% in size during a period where our student population has gone over 30% and the faculty in similar fashion due to the student:faculty ratio that TCU requires

And yes - someone did say that he was told by ADJD we offered GP a role in our administration- which is what started this whole discussion you decided to enter without any basis for debating evidently….

TCUdirtbag

Tell me any other method of evaluating the situation that leads to this being a huge mistake for him.

I don’t know what you’re trying to argue about. I literally opened my post with three distinct reasons as to why I think going to UT was dumb (a not-all-inclusive-list at that) in comparison to taking the offered admin gig at TCU. I used correct spelling, commas, periods, and everything, so it should be easy for you to read. You either can’t read, or are just desperate to argue about anything, and directed your soapbox rant at me/projecting things I did not say. I have only responded to clear the record and point you back to my OP. For the record: I was in the pro-moving-on-from-CGP camp and so IDGAD what Patterson does. If going to UT makes him happy, great. Were I in his position, I would take the sweet lifetime admin/pseudo-early-retirement gig.

Last edited:

Sangria Wine

I don’t even know what you’re trying to argue about. I literally opened my post with three distinct reasons going to UT was dumb (a not-all-inclusive-list at that) in comparison to taking an admin gig at TCU. You apparently can’t read. Or are just desperate for attention. For the record IDGAD what Patterson does.
Definitely not after attention. I like your posts in general. Just didn’t agree that it was a mistake for him to do what he wants to do. I’m a big TCU fan and a big GP fan and I don’t think they are mutually exclusive. TCU made a choice and GP had to accept and make decisions about what he would be excited about doing at this stage. I see no mistake there. Perhaps I’m over sensitive based on my continued GP fandom. I’m actually excited for him if this all comes together to see what it leads to. I’ve had some great relationships with folks in the UT athletic department in the past and recognize how unique a place it is. I can’t muster the hate for UT even if they can be annoying at times.

ticketfrog123

Again - there are actual facts that are publicly available that show our admin has grown slightly over 12% in size during a period where our student population has gone over 30% and the faculty in similar fashion due to the student:faculty ratio that TCU requires

And yes - someone did say that he was told by ADJD we offered GP a role in our administration- which is what started this whole discussion you decided to enter without any basis for debating evidently….
You seem to be a puppet. Nobody in their right mind believes there was a serious offer for GP to stay on given how things went down, it’s just ADJD covering his ass

Why does admin need to grow with student body count - hint it doesn’t; only faculty does

Students rarely interact with staff outside of advising / career / health facilities. There’s way too many people at TCU in staff roles that aren’t doing anything near 40 hours a week of work

smufrogger

You seem to be a puppet. Nobody in their right mind believes there was a serious offer for GP to stay on given how things went down, it’s just ADJD covering his ass

Why does admin need to grow with student body count - hint it doesn’t; only faculty does

Students rarely interact with staff outside of advising / career / health facilities. There’s way too many people at TCU in staff roles that aren’t doing anything near 40 hours a week of work
Facts - I worked for the school ages ago and have colleagues that have or are working at universities in administration- it’s well know thsat in general these are low stress- low hours of work jobs.