• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Frog-in-law1995

That feeling when you sit through a Guillermo Del Toro movie that you didn’t know was a Guillermo Del Toro movie.

gun-to-head-nodding.gif

gofor2

That feeling when you sit through a Guillermo Del Toro movie that you didn’t know was a Guillermo Del Toro movie.
didn't know who he was and had to search his filmography. The only one I've seen is Pans Labyrinth and I thought that was pretty good. I guess I'll stop while I'm ahead lol.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Saw Licorice Pizza yesterday. Seemed a bit long with a wandering story line, but the younger sister from Haim was excellent in her first movie. Lots of big names sprinkled in with cameos. I think Dazed and Confused guy wrote and directed it. Good nostalgia for those around in 72.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Saw Licorice Pizza yesterday. Seemed a bit long with a wandering story line, but the younger sister from Haim was excellent in her first movie. Lots of big names sprinkled in with cameos. I think Dazed and Confused guy wrote and directed it. Good nostalgia for those around in 72.
Paul Thomas Anderson wrote and directed Licorice Pizza. He also did Boogie Nights. He's a California guy.
Richard Linklater did Dazed and Confused. Linklater is from Houston.