• The KillerFrogs

Desmond Bane

geefrogs

Every time I see his box score

Oh My God Omg GIF

geefrogs

Very complete article on Bane and his breakout season:

Kevin O'Connor from the Ringer NBA was on him from day 1. Before the draft happened he said Bane was more NBA ready than most and when he fell, O'Connor said he was a steal.

Memphis is just smart about drafting. They have to be since it's hard to attract free agents to Tennessee.

Kudos to that front office.

FrogUltimate

Is this already the best NBA season ever for a TCU alum? Maybe Thomas 2001-2002 for the Knicks (13.9 pts/9.1 Reb)?

I definitely think Bane has a shot at ending the season at 20ppg. Probably ends up closer to 18.5 or 19ppg but he's going to close the distance.

He certainly seems on a path to be our best NBA player, by a wide shot

Sat out last night with an injury for the first time. Meanwhile another profile on Bane and the Grizzlies:

Bane, however, had his reservations. He almost left school after his first summer session. It was grueling, and Miller got a feeling Bane might bolt. He heard Bane might transfer to Miami (Ohio), a mid-major a little closer to home, so he called Tony Bane, who knew about the concerns too. He promised to settle it.

Tony Bane took Desmond to the airport for his flight back to campus, and he offered little rope when he sensed skepticism. He had already promised Miller his great-nephew would be on the plane. He even dared to walk him to the gate.

Bane arrived at TCU out of shape, and Miller sensed he didn’t quite love the sport. Teammates called him “Honey Bun” because of his body fat percentage in the mid-teens and stocky body. The integration was a shock.

Still, he played right away. By his sophomore year, he was a full-time starter. He averaged 15 points per game as a junior and considered leaving early for the NBA. That offseason, he had a conversation with Miller that set the way forward. He had always been a great shooter and earned a reputation in-house as a great worker as he shed the weight and sculpted his body; now, he started to add skills to prepare him for the NBA.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I definitely think Bane has a shot at ending the season at 20ppg. Probably ends up closer to 18.5 or 19ppg but he's going to close the distance.

He certainly seems on a path to be our best NBA player, by a wide shot
Not exactly a high bar to get over…

Having said that, he seems to be building into a stud!

Last edited: