• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

I had a feeling this was coming bc I heard grumblings about it before match day 4 if RBL didn't qualify for UCL. They've definitely underperformed, but a lot of this feels like a byproduct of top players being sold before he arrived.
Exactly. I mean what, they sold their two starting center backs and their captain before the season? Dumb, especially while installing a new coach. Used to kinda like Leipzig but this has put me off of them.

Moose Stuff

Exactly. I mean what, they sold their two starting center backs and their captain before the season? Dumb, especially while installing a new coach. Used to kinda like Leipzig but this has put me off of them.
To me that’s kinda like if we lost Evans, Johnston, THT, and Mathis and then fired Sonny after he started 3-4. Give the guy a chance for crying out loud.

Moose Stuff

This Philly/NYCFC semifinal game is fun. Philly roster is ravaged by COVID absences and NY is missing their best scorer due to a red card last game but it’s been entertaining and consecutive goals in the 65th minute have it at 1-1.

dawg

Bayern drill Barca 3-nil to knock them out of the Champions League at the group stage. Is @tcujsauce still around?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Chongo94

First round of the Mexican championship is on right now for those interested. Pretty interesting story with Atlas being in it.

Second game will be on Sunday.

Atlas versus Leon by the way.

dawg

Apologies to any Chelsea supporters on the board for the application of the "dawg Jinx." I assure you it was unintentional. Should I jinx City now for good measure, because scheiss City.

Wow, City look increasingly like they'll canter to the title. They are playing really good football right now.

Chongo94

Can’t find the MLS thread anymore but MLS Cup today was a great atmosphere and that ending right at full time, wow.

Not a great game per se but again, the atmosphere was great.

Purp

Just saw a rumor linking Pulisic to Barca in the January window on a loan. Mixed emotions about that. He'd thrive in La Liga, though.