• The KillerFrogs

Ewers visiting TCU tomorrow…

FrogsMcGee

You are, of course, correct. However, I submit that a kid who has 1.) Abandoned his H.S. team, and 2.) Abandoned his College team, really doesn't seem to display that "team player" attitude terribly well. Whatever his physical gifts, his attitude and locker-room-cancer potential are vast.

There are a host of good QB candidates out there. He was #1 last year. Who is #1 this year? Next year? Who is #2 in those classes, and by how much? What are the metrics by which this lofty status was achieved, and are there other kids who are a little more (evidently) reliable out there to be found?
This isn’t just the top QB in one class - he’s widely regarded as the top prospect across multiple classes.

Wexahu

If he ends up coming, great. I’m just having a hard time getting real excited about any recruit/transfer, whatever in this cycle. Just doesn’t seem the same in this environment. Kind of worn out on all the circus of it all tbh. Pick a school and be done with it.

Moose Stuff

If he ends up coming, great. I’m just having a hard time getting real excited about any recruit/transfer, whatever in this cycle. Just doesn’t seem the same in this environment. Kind of worn out on all the circus of it all tbh. Pick a school and be done with it.
Sad I Feel Sick GIF by Crispe

TRF51

Well, he quit on his high school teammates, then he took a lot of money from OSU and then quit on them, and on top of everything, he bleached his hair.
Simple minded take. He took a 3 million pay day to leave high school a year early. Great decision. Was not going to be the starter for a while at OSU, zero issue with him moving on.

Toad Jones

From Columbus Ohio, Ohio State to Lubbock, TX? ...Sure... It makes sense, he is a young man, a Texan and wants to be closer to Southlake, family but Texas will again be his final destination. Many kids today are lost, confused, ego driven and have a very difficult time with commitment.Believe he will go back to UT but apparently doesn't know how to lay it down and feel right about going back to ut. Maybe..well a little ashamed.

Someone who really cares for that kid needs to pack him up with two changes of clothes. Leave the cell phone with his folks, pack deep into the upper canyon at Big Ben for a week.

Last edited:

froglash88

I wish we could stop passing judgment on kids. I would like to see what this staff can do with this new world of college football. Maybe this new world causes all of us to find something else for entertainment. Maybe this ends up being a fun ride. The good thing is, no one on here gets to decide which recruits we actually take.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
You are, of course, correct. However, I submit that a kid who has 1.) Abandoned his H.S. team, and 2.) Abandoned his College team, really doesn't seem to display that "team player" attitude terribly well. Whatever his physical gifts, his attitude and locker-room-cancer potential are vast.

There are a host of good QB candidates out there. He was #1 last year. Who is #1 this year? Next year? Who is #2 in those classes, and by how much? What are the metrics by which this lofty status was achieved, and are there other kids who are a little more (evidently) reliable out there to be found?
BF is right, kinda like Bull Durham….million dollar arm & a tent cent head. Except in this case I don’t think there’s gonna be any Kevin Costner baseball whisperer Yoda figure to talk him down or get his head on straight. It seems like he’s already sold his soul for 1 million here or 1 million there and yet now he’s sitting on his butt going what do I do now?