• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

HFrog1999

I think his mindset was very much like Jerry Jones. They both hate losing and very much want to win. But they only want to win THEIR WAY and have no interest in seeking alternate methods when their way doesn't work. I think that in their own minds they absolutely hate losing but have such a massive blind spot to their own role in losing that they don't even consider that they are their own biggest deterrent in many ways.

They also both surround themselves with family and friends who provide an insulated environment of yes men who aren't likely to force them to think through alternative options.

And I don't want this to come across as me being critical of Gary. He was obviously a great coach. But he was also a human being. There's not a single coach who ever lived that didn't have some kind of weakness which sooner or later caught up to them. Gary went longer than most before the down trend started.

Jerry Jones only hates to lose money

As long as the suckers….I mean fans…keep buying tickets and watching games on TV, he could care less if they win or lose

HFrog1999

Making the money possible is definitely a big part of the Jerry way.

chris christie jones GIF

As long as the suckers….I mean fans…keep buying tickets and watching games on TV, he could care less if they win or lose
That is how I viewed the Chicago Cubs at one time. They would sell out Wrigley year after year with the Lovable Losers mantra. Ownership never felt the pressure to win. That did change eventually and they then won the Series in 2016. But unique to the Cubs I actually wonder if they’ve lost some of their luster, now no longer having that Lovable Loser tag that many people actually grew to like, making them unique and fashionable.

Prime BEEF

This. If he could put 11 homeless people out on the field in cowboys jerseys and still get suckers to buy tickets and merch…he totally would. Quit supporting the cowboys and subsequently the nfl a long time ago.

Prime BEEF

NBA does not exist for me. NFL barely does. I would watch the the worst 2 MLS teams play before either of those leagues.
I was huge nba guy for a long time. But now I’m pretty much down to just college athletics. Maybe not even that for very long depending on how things go with all of the changes. Basketball is my favorite sport but enjoyed playing organized football and rugby more for various reasons.

As I get older and politics seems to be taking over everything, I have put more priority on family time and outdoors stuff.

TCURiggs

I was huge nba guy for a long time. But now I’m pretty much down to just college athletics. Maybe not even that for very long depending on how things go with all of the changes. Basketball is my favorite sport but enjoyed playing organized football and rugby more for various reasons.

As I get older and politics seems to be taking over everything, I have put more priority on family time and outdoors stuff.

I'm only 38 (will be 39 in a month) and have found myself doing the same the past couple of years.

The whole dying thing may have something to do with that as well, but I also credit the sports/politics stuff.

After reading what GSR wrote, I'm just glad we have have moved on from the toxicity of where the program was headed under GP. By all appearances, I think the administration made the right hire, at the right time. Things are coming together nicely, and there is sense of renewed hope and vision that is a breath of fresh air.

I can't help but feel sad for GP. He really was his own worst enemy, and not very self aware - at least in the final years here.

Donald Trump of coaching.

Anyone watching the cowboys game (past 4) and still wishing Kellen Moore was our head coach pick?
There are certain signals being sent about the need to win immediately, as in no margin for error, that has caused me conclude that we made the right hire to accomplish what we are in need of doing. Nothing about the last four Cowboys games has led me to conclude that the guy isn't a brilliant football mind who, given time, could build a great program.