• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football hired Sonny Dykes because he is not Gary Patterson | Opinion

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I’d like to know how Mac knows GP doesn’t like this hire? Otherwise, there’s nothing controversial in this article
He doesn't. Gary is no doubt wishing he was still the coach, but I doubt he is "irritated" with Dykes. He understands every coach and program are different.

Frogs1983

Gary and I about same age. Different times now. Have to adapt with all the changes( good and bad) or get passed by .

Had to be tough for Gary past few seasons knowing what previously worked for him was no longer successful.

TCU had to make a change, as onerous as it was to replace the guy that put you on the map after 20 plus years.

TCU couldn't afford to become irrelevant in CFB with so many things changing or potentially changing in the near future.

Dykes may not be a "home run " hire to many here, but he and his staff seem willing to adapt with the current times ,transfer portal, NIL, etc, something Gary fought tooth and nail

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Based on what I’ve heard about how the last several years went down I’ve decided I don’t give one tiny scheiss about what Gary thinks about the future of our program.
We’ve upgraded now to a selfless, humble, clear speaking, and frankly honest head coach, and for me it’s highlighting the flaws of the failed leader GP was the last 5 years.

FrogCop19

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.
images

Toad Jones

I’d like to know how Mac knows GP doesn’t like this hire? Otherwise, there’s nothing controversial in this article
TCU is Gary's program from the recent 20 year stand to the date in late Oct. That isn't me saying that, that is Gary. Therefore no one qualifies in his eyes for his program. By now Gary has realized some of his decisions were wrong but it took him being fired to know that. These are tough times in the Patterson house. I'll still say Gary would make one heck of a good NFL scout.

This is Jeremias house now and not Gary Patterson's, and as long as Gary was there, it wasn't his. It will be interesting to see how creative the AD can be. Two quick decisions have been made, one is Gary's departure and the other was the volleyball coach. What's next? Don't know but I would suggest a higher profile needs to be addressed before the tv contract. Believe this, there are people living in Ft. Worth area who have never seen the campus and that is a ground floor mistake by publicity. Those people in that dept will tell you TCU's budget for that sort of thing is almost non-existent, and does it ever show.

4 Oaks Frog

How he just gets to make [ Finebaum ] up, and study spew it out, I don’t understand. He has no clue what Gary Patterson likes, dislikes or gives two [ Finebaum ]s about. His poor little brain says, “just say this and see how it plays out.” Likewise, he knows nothing about SMFD, and is too lazy to find it out. He just thinks of [ Finebaum ] off the top of his head, and writes it down…and gets by with it by calling it “opinion”. It is hard to understand how he get s paid fo this [ Finebaum ].
GO FROGS!
WELCOME SMFD!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor & muck!!