• The KillerFrogs

Missing Persons Report - DC

geefrogs

Coach_Silhouette.jpg

Please confirm your whereabouts. Our defense was absolutely atrocious this year.

tcudoc

Missing Persons was one of the most underrated bands of the 80’s. The band was built around former Frank Zappa band members who were actually tremendously talented at their craft. Female singer Dale Bozzio had her unique high pitched voice that accented the tight musicianship of her husband, at the time, Terry Bozzio (drums) and Warren Cuccurillo (guitar).
Terry Bozzio has played extensively with other artists such as Jeff Beck and is largely considered one of the top five rock drummers of all time on many lists, although he is a bit too eccentric for the tastes of many who mock his monstrosity of a drum kit.
If you like finding music that you probably have never heard of before, check out Bozzio Levin Stevens. They only did a couple of albums but it is really cool instrumental stuff with Terry Bozzio on drums, Tony Levin (King Crimson and Peter Gabriel) on bass, and Steve Stevens (Billy Idol’s guitarist). All are master musicians making beautiful and unique music together.
Back to the other missing person report.

Limp Lizard

Sonny knows this will be a very, very critical hire. Make or break. Probably can't steal the DC from many successful schools. Others, like Georgia or Bama, you don't know how much is coaching and how much is 4*-5* talent 4 deep. Should we go for a P5 top school where the staff was fired, assuming offense was what killed their program? Or a top G5 who plays great defense, like San Diego State or Appalachian, or even Houston. Or a good P5 defense that we may be able to offer more (Minnesota)? Anyway, the guy and his family have to be happy living in DFW.

I'm sure Sonny knows many good candidates.

NORMLFROG

Missing Persons was one of the most underrated bands of the 80’s. The band was built around former Frank Zappa band members who were actually tremendously talented at their craft. Female singer Dale Bozzio had her unique high pitched voice that accented the tight musicianship of her husband, at the time, Terry Bozzio (drums) and Warren Cuccurillo (guitar).
Terry Bozzio has played extensively with other artists such as Jeff Beck and is largely considered one of the top five rock drummers of all time on many lists, although he is a bit too eccentric for the tastes of many who mock his monstrosity of a drum kit.
If you like finding music that you probably have never heard of before, check out Bozzio Levin Stevens. They only did a couple of albums but it is really cool instrumental stuff with Terry Bozzio on drums, Tony Levin (King Crimson and Peter Gabriel) on bass, and Steve Stevens (Billy Idol’s guitarist). All are master musicians making beautiful and unique music together.
Do you remember when she posed for Hustler in the 80’s? I sure do. Still blind in 2021.

NF

One advantage of leaving a few positions open is that it allows all of the current staff to be on the road recruiting, since there is a limit of only 10 on the road. Combine that with wanting to get the right guy and I think that explains the delay.

Dr. Coach Haus

Sonny knows this will be a very, very critical hire. Make or break. Probably can't steal the DC from many successful schools. Others, like Georgia or Bama, you don't know how much is coaching and how much is 4*-5* talent 4 deep. Should we go for a P5 top school where the staff was fired, assuming offense was what killed their program? Or a top G5 who plays great defense, like San Diego State or Appalachian, or even Houston. Or a good P5 defense that we may be able to offer more (Minnesota)? Anyway, the guy and his family have to be happy living in DFW.

I'm sure Sonny knows many good candidates.
Napier is looking at the DC at Houston I believe as his DC.
Would be a good get if Florida does not take him.

Mean Purple

Other site has an update including names. GMFP’s post above isn’t one of those names but he’s fishing in the right pond.
Is this where I put my arbitrary "go hire Derrick Mason" post?

That defense had no depth and he still managed to get some things to work. Stanford has not been the same since he left.

froginaustin

Posted this elsewhere, but would Will Muschamp be a name to approach? He’s currently a defensive analyst at Georgia.
Will is a great DC.

I haven't kept up with Coach Boom since he left UTx for a head coaching job. But when he was in Austin, he was the best DC they have had for quite a few years before he got there, and after he left.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Muschamp was interested in a DC job, but maybe like the former Redskin (can we still call old Washington teams that?) John Riggins, Muschamp will be "bored, broke, and back".

Mean Purple

I haven't kept up with Coach Boom since he left UTx for a head coaching job. But when he was in Austin, he was the best DC they have had for quite a few years before he got there, and after he left.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Muschamp was interested in a DC job, but maybe like the former Redskin (can we still call old Washington teams that?) John Riggins, Muschamp will be "bored, broke, and back".
Will was freaking awesome at Auburn. Including the game where he kept Tuberville from going on the field to destroy a ref.

One Frog Nation

I have some of their stuff. She was also a bunny at the playboy club in Boston