• The KillerFrogs

RA'SHAAD SAMPLES - crootin'

mgsouthpaw

this guy is something else and may be as important or more important than dykes - somehow knows how to pull levers other can't - he seems to have a chokehold on dallas recruiting - i can't think of a city in the US with a more fertile recruiting field than DFW.

samples is not just your normal head of recruiting guy at your typical P5 school.

anyone have more details on this dude? same with bryan carrington.

82 Frog Fever

this guy is something else and may be as important or more important than dykes - somehow knows how to pull levers other can't - he seems to have a chokehold on dallas recruiting - i can't think of a city in the US with a more fertile recruiting field than DFW.

samples is not just your normal head of recruiting guy at your typical P5 school.

Reading is fundamental.

Horned Toad

Another thing that local recruiting brings in are local area fans that have probably never been on campus.
That’s exactly one of the things I think we’ve really missed on in years past. You may run the risk of hangers on running with our players, but you also may enjoy the reward of increasing your fan base with the local area fans. I think the risk/reward payoff is definitely worth it. We need to own DFW and surrounding area recruiting. How else are we going to grow the fan base?

Strat Frog

I think HCSD said Samples is our RB coach and that his dad was (or is) the coach at Duncanville HS (which is just south of Big D and has a formidable program). Dville Panthers are tough.

Sebastian S

Now let’s hope Texas talent means success on the field.

Look at that school in Austin with so many good Texas recruits and nothing to show for, jumping from one coach to another.

JugbandFrog

That’s exactly one of the things I think we’ve really missed on in years past. You may run the risk of hangers on running with our players, but you also may enjoy the reward of increasing your fan base with the local area fans. I think the risk/reward payoff is definitely worth it. We need to own DFW and surrounding area recruiting. How else are we going to grow the fan base?
That and make season ticket prices better for families like in the past.

ticketfrog123

Is $300 for a full season ticket really all that bad?
Yeah paying money to watch this team (play a weak OOC and home slate) the past few years was brutal. That combined with Covid was why over 10,000 season tickets were cancelled.

On that note, will tickets get cheaper since OU/Texas left and replaced with G5 schools?

Mean Purple

I‘d pay more if they covered the seating more like Baylor did. The east side ”engineers” must be same group that made sure every east/west road north of 820 off I35W is covered in lane closures and orange cones.
Pay the 300 and go up to that upper mid section. Blocks the sun in the warm part of season in the afternoon. Basically, the end closer to the big screen. It's fun up there. You can see people fall asleep to the point you wonder if they are dead. No dogs allowed.

Eight

los angeles