• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie to La Tech

gofor2

Wait, I didn't know La Tech canned holtz.
La Tech had the best run in school history under Holtz. He took them to 7 straight bowl games, winning 6.
We are talking recent too, like 2014-2020

Mean Purple

La Tech had the best run in school history under Holtz. He took them to 7 straight bowl games, winning 6.
Oddly enough, he was at odds with that administration for a number a years.

Wexahu

And Dykes had a better winning % than Holtz. Those TEN extra bowl games added since 2013 have really helped the La Techs of the world get some bowl invites they wouldn't have gotten before.

westoverhillbilly

From many/most acounts, the guy is a great recruiter and showed alot of promise in his interim role over the last several games. Plus, he's now at the right Tech- he's within 100 miles of some very fertile recruiting and LA Tech has shown that they can compete well in G5 competition.

As stated by others, he may have been held back while here- I just find it very difficult to believe that in 2019 it was his decision to go with Delton as a starter. Robinson was his qb choice though, but everyone has qb recruiting misses. I wish him well and think there's a good chance he ends up as a P5 head coach.

CryptoMiner

FFefC8nXwAk-Ymt

This is not real.....

Mean Purple

-well that's never a good thing.
I think some of those folks had moved on. There was a whole bowl acceptance comedy before Holtz got there. (Actually happened when Dykes got them to 9-3 and the AD mishandled a lot.) Dykes was headed to Cal, to make matters worse for the AD. When Holtz got there, there was still a lot of sore feelings and drama. Holtz had two recent bad seasons. But was winning quite a bit before that. Guess they didn't want to wait.

TRF51

Crazy to think Sonny would be picked up before GP for a head coaching gig. Not sure Gary would have taken that job though.

Frozen Frog

Congratulations to Coach Cumbie! I wanted to hate him for coming from Tech, but everyday it seemed like there was something better about him. I don't know if I've ever heard someone say something negative about him. I wish him the best of luck. May he have the best team in the state of Louisiana!

I didn't realize Holtz was still at La Tech. It seemed like he had some good opportunities to leave for better jobs.