• The KillerFrogs

Z Evans in the portal….

Always find these threads funny when people act like they wouldn’t jump to another employer for more money or have left jobs bc of geography, culture, etc.

A small number of starters in D1 are “very” focused on the school aspect, it’s more of a “pre-professional” training ground to get them selected for a very competitive job in the NFL.

Can’t blame him if he’s confident school Y will get him a $1mm NIL deal before he gets drafted.
Yup.

As to the non-outliers, I particuarly like how Dykes is piggy-backing off of the #40not4 (well not necessarily piggy-backed) with his own scheme to prepare the 98.5% of the team who will not have a NFL career and are, somewhat, disadvantaged by not having the internships etc. that non student-athletes have. He looked at us all in the eyes and basically said that we are all in this together as a community to be there for our athletes during and after they graduate. The whole "community" talk kind of felt like church, to be honest, ha (and I do not mind that!).

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yup.

As to the non-outliers, I particuarly like how Dykes is piggy-backing off of the #40not4 (well not necessarily piggy-backed) with his own scheme to prepare the 98.5% of the team who will not have a NFL career and are, somewhat, disadvantaged by not having the internships etc. that non student-athletes have. He looked at us all in the eyes and basically said that we are all in this together as a community to be there for our athletes during and after they graduate. The whole "community" talk kind of felt like church, to be honest, ha (and I do not mind that!).
Were there any casseroles afters?

HFrog1999

I found out quite early in my career that good managers don't grow on trees. Once you have a good one, its a downer to work with one that isn't.

My last boss was awesome. He was a big Italian guy from New Jersey. We’d smoke Cigars together after our meetings

the sopranos smoking GIF