• The KillerFrogs

Z Evans in the portal….

Palliative Care

I learned a long time ago with employees that you do not want to talk people into staying. They never are as good as they once were and they always ended up leaving anyway. Evans needs to decide for himself no matter what anybody says. If he truly wants to go then fine I wish him luck. If he stays then he needs to get with the program and be a leader.

Spike

I learned a long time ago with employees that you do not want to talk people into staying. They never are as good as they once were and they always ended up leaving anyway. Evans needs to decide for himself no matter what anybody says. If he truly wants to go then fine I wish him luck. If he stays then he needs to get with the program and be a leader.
I went through it with a boss from hell back in my past life. I wanted out and another unit seemed interested in me but the boss didn't like their boss and was deeply offended that anyone would want out from under him. Then again if I had been just a bit happier then I probably wouldn't have gone to law school.

Wexahu

Bingo.

You want guys like him because he is a great player, but if he isn't 100% all-in he needs to go somewhere else. That goes for anyone on the roster. I honestly do not care what he does. I'll just assume if he stays he's bought in, and that would be great. If he leaves, he wasn't, which would be addition by subtraction. We will find players.

The people that say "we need to do whatever we can to keep Zach Evans". Gigantic no on that.

CountryFrog

Bingo.

You want guys like him because he is a great player, but if he isn't 100% all-in he needs to go somewhere else. That goes for anyone on the roster. I honestly do not care what he does. I'll just assume if he stays he's bought in, and that would be great. If he leaves, he wasn't, which would be addition by subtraction. We will find players.

The people that say "we need to do whatever we can to keep Zach Evans". Gigantic no on that.
I'm not someone who says we need to do "whatever we can" to keep him. But I'm definitely someone who wants to see him here next season.

As far as his level of commitment, I won't try to speak to that since I'm not inside his thoughts. But if he's really looking for the best NIL deal he can get then it sounds like his loyalty will be to whomever is able to pay the most and that wouldn't make him different than most other people in that way.

NORMLFROG

star trek facebook gif GIF

Fingers crossed. Am I doing it right?

NF

Pharm Frog

I learned this in 1998 if that qualifies as “a long time ago”.

What was the Cal question and answer?

Apologies in advance if it’s on one of the previous thread pages.
He did not use these words but basically said he knew going into it he would have to start from scratch and it would take time (he emphasized the "take time" comment). He said in areas Cal got progressively better. He then quickly moved on to TCU and how it has Fort Worth, amazing facilities and support thanks to Gary and an incredible foundation that would allow him produce immediately.

(Basically suggested, in my opinion, the support was not there at Cal without throwing Cal under the bus. Classy.)

vicarfrog

Gary is lucky. He made good money plus a big buyout and got out at just the right time for him. All the coaching search and coach shuffling is interesting but you have to wonder if head coaching salaries will continue on an upward trajectory should it become obvious that NIL management is at least equal to coaching in terms of results.

And what I saw as a frustrating disaster, CSD sees as an amazing opportunity. I really appreciated the press conference.

A Settler like me has just met the pioneer. I'm good.

ticketfrog123

I'm not someone who says we need to do "whatever we can" to keep him. But I'm definitely someone who wants to see him here next season.

As far as his level of commitment, I won't try to speak to that since I'm not inside his thoughts. But if he's really looking for the best NIL deal he can get then it sounds like his loyalty will be to whomever is able to pay the most and that wouldn't make him different than most other people in that way.
Always find these threads funny when people act like they wouldn’t jump to another employer for more money or have left jobs bc of geography, culture, etc.

A small number of starters in D1 are “very” focused on the school aspect, it’s more of a “pre-professional” training ground to get them selected for a very competitive job in the NFL.

Can’t blame him if he’s confident school Y will get him a $1mm NIL deal before he gets drafted.

CryptoMiner

Another unintended consequence of NIL… kids skipping senior year of high school.

I don’t think the NCAA realized how crazy this would get.
NCAA had little choice. Just wait until the UIL and other HS organizations are challenged on NIL rules as well as transfer rules. It will hit at all levels and some states already ahead of the game