• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Sonny Dykes committed to TCU despite talking to OU before Riley’s departure: sources

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sonny Dykes committed to TCU despite talking to OU before Riley’s departure: sources

unnamed.jpg

BY Big Steaming Pile

A few days before Thanksgiving speculation was increasing that Lincoln Riley was going to leave Oklahoma for LSU, which forced OU administrators to compile a list of potential replacements.

Among the candidates included Sonny Dykes.

According to multiple sources, the SMU head coach was approached by Oklahoma people to gauge any interest in the Sooners’ position should it become vacant.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article256182312.html#storylink=cpy

McGregor's Goat

Engel on Twitter: "Keep a CLOSE eye on this. OU is interested in Sonny Dykes, who is interested in Sooners." Mac in his [ Finebaum ]ty newspaper with a circulation of about 35: Dykes was on a preliminary list of names in case of contingency, and he said no.

HToady

What the story really said.
OU had a list, but not really. I wanted there to be a list so I said there was one, and I wanted to make this about TCU so I added Sonny Dykes to the list and got to say Sonny would bolt for OU because OU is better IMO. But I need to say that he’s not changing his mind so I don’t look like a liar. Just wanted to take another jab at TCU

Why wait until tomorrow for Dykes to sign with TCU? Supposedly Riley will sign today with USC so they moved really fast. With all these coaching vacancies move fast so we can lock up as many recruits as possible.

HornFrogger

Has admin in any way acknowledged that Sonny is the hire? They’ve asked us to come welcome the coach, but act as if it’s a surprise. Is this an example of how they’ve revamped marketing and communication? I’m lost on the messaging here.

mdono

It has been reported Dykes has signed his deal with TCU.
Dykes has offered a job to Bill Bedenbaugh (OL coach) of OU - just heard from an OU buddy close to the program. Said we have a good shot at him as he and SD have had a relationship in the past.

HFrog1999

Has admin in any way acknowledged that Sonny is the hire? They’ve asked us to come welcome the coach, but act as if it’s a surprise. Is this an example of how they’ve revamped marketing and communication? I’m lost on the messaging here.

Anyone who goes should act completely surprised when he’s announced

Oh My God Reaction GIF by 9Now

Extra points to anyone who wears a SMU shirt and storms out

all that wtf GIF by Nickelodeon

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Dykes has offered a job to Bill Bedenbaugh (OL coach) of OU - just heard from an OU buddy close to the program. Said we have a good shot at him as he and SD have had a relationship in the past.
Many reports out there that Sonny is bringing AJ Ricker (OL) with him from SMU so I’m not sure where this coach would fit in