• The KillerFrogs

Z Evans in the portal….

FrogCoach84

1- Come to TCU with an NIL deal and pre-arranged pitch count
2- Put enough on film to verify your 5 star talent
3- Shut it down with a nagging "injury"
4- Transfer to Blue Blood with 1 year left before draft eligibility
5- Ball out for one year
6- Head to the draft with a ton of helium and more tread on your tires than any other RB

Can't help but thinking they had a plan.

82 Frog Fever

A little anxious to see how Sonny works the portal.
Sort of banking on him & his staff to deliver more than our share of high level transfers over the next several years.

mwe2187

Dude was a beast. I don't even know what to think honestly as we've been so bad it's hard to just fall in love with his play. It seemed like he wasn't on the field enough. Our offense honestly just needs a major reset at this point, and if this is what it takes... whatever

As others have said, assuming he lands outside of the B12, I'll cheer for him.

1- Come to TCU with an NIL deal and pre-arranged pitch count
2- Put enough on film to verify your 5 star talent
3- Shut it down with a nagging "injury"
4- Transfer to Blue Blood with 1 year left before draft eligibility
5- Ball out for one year
6- Head to the draft with a ton of helium and more tread on your tires than any other RB

Can't help but thinking they had a plan.

It goes both ways.

Sonny & Co. are abt to hit this portal just as good, if not better, than any P5 program. This is how the game is played now, for better or worse.

Moose Stuff

Too bad, because Zack, from what I saw on TV, was not just an excellent runner, but a very good blocker and team leader. Oh well, just keep Miller, please.

Maybe where he goes the trainers know how to wrap a foot to prevent turf toe. Or any number of injuries.
I’m not sure the team leader thing wasn’t a bit of an act. I’d be willing to bet he was way more of a distraction than people want to believe. And I’m not trying to say he’s a bad kid, I don’t think that at all.

Mean Purple

A little anxious to see how Sonny works the portal.
Sort of banking on him & his staff to deliver more than our share of high level transfers over the next several years.
Oddly, we have had a fairly long record of getting good transfers. I doubt Dykes will go to the lengths he did at SMU. One would think he would understand the need to develop a culture in the locker room. Need more 4 year guys to do that. However, we had our share of some locker room poison lately.

FrogCoach84

It goes both ways.

Sonny & Co. are abt to hit this portal just as good, if not better, than any P5 program. This is how the game is played now, for better or worse.
Oh I’m not hating on ZE or his plan. It’s now up to him to go execute the part where he dominates in year 3. If he does that his plan has gone perfectly.

And if TCU had put itself in a nationally prominent position by year 3 maybe he doesn’t leave.

The good news is, as you said, TCU is working the portal too. This is the new normal…and the Frogs now have a staff that understands and accepts that.

Wexahu

I’m not sure the team leader thing wasn’t a bit of an act. I’d be willing to bet he was way more of a distraction than people want to believe. And I’m not trying to say he’s a bad kid, I don’t think that at all.
Real team leaders behave differently than he did. And no, I'm not saying he's a bad kid. I think a lot of guys in the locker room probably looked up to him and could tell he wasn't really all in on winning football games for TCU. And I think that kind of stuff, and that kind of attitude, easily trickles down through a locker room. And just look how so many of our guys played this year.......I'll never believe there was zero correlation.

If he was going to be the same Zach Evans, this is addition by subtraction.

Dogfrog

Too bad, because Zack, from what I saw on TV, was not just an excellent runner, but a very good blocker and team leader. Oh well, just keep Miller, please.

Maybe where he goes the trainers know how to wrap a foot to prevent turf toe. Or any number of injuries.
Yes, or perhaps the team he transfers to has zero concern about his injury. Who knows? Brave new world.

PurpleBlood87

I wish he would have waited to see what kind of staff coach Dykes puts together then if he want to leave hit the portal.

Maybe Ahmonte Watkins will stay at running back.

Wexahu

Hope we can hold on to Miller!
Does anyone think Zach was disappointed at Gary’s firing and Sonny’s hiring?
GO FROGS!
Welcome SMFD!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
The reality is that even if we can't hold on to Miller (which I hope we can) we can just go get another good running back. Probably one of the easiest positions to fill.

Every player who has yet to transfer is a free agent after each season. It's totally ridiculous, but once you wrap your arms around that, all this news about players coming and going won't be a big deal. It's the new reality of college football, it's gonna happen every year.