• The KillerFrogs

Las Cruces Sun-News: Jerry Kill to take over New Mexico State football program

BABYFACE

I don’t disagree with what is being said, but y’all are a buzzkill.

Kill just wants to get back into coaching. He is 60 and probably would like to get in 4-6 years before hanging it up. NMSU can only go up. My op is That he sn’t trying to win a NC or set the world on fire, just do what he loves.

Wish him well and be happy for him.

Wexahu

Going to NMSU is HCing career suicide. It's 10x the mess that Minnesota was before Kill got there.

I guess Kills plan is to go there and coach for 4-5 years, get fired and then retire.
They, along with about 10-15 other programs, have zero business trying to compete at the FBS level. They have no chance of ever having a good program. None.

I don’t disagree with what is being said, but y’all are a buzzkill.

Kill just wants to get back into coaching. He is 60 and probably would like to get in 4-6 years before hanging it up. NMSU can only go up. My op is That he sn’t trying to win a NC or set the world on fire, just do what he loves.

Wish him well and be happy for him.

Judging by the girl he was hanging on to a few weeks ago he's doing what he loves and is living his best life.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Reading through the ZE-NIL thread, and the depressing reality of what we used to know as College Football, it could well be that Kill knows he only has a few more years of Coaching in him, and that he would like to spend it in a place where NIL and the cutthroat nature of Big Time College Football hasn't quite gotten a toehold yet. Hell, out in New Mexico it might never.

The Old Ways will live on out in the country.