• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

The Bad Guy

Now we just need OU to take Sonny Dykes, and Billy Napier to whiff on the CF that is Florida and move over to TCU.
Just kidding......(sort of)

Unless the papers are signed, we'll be lucky to hold on to Dykes. If OU offers, he gone.
I can’t imagine OU is gonna offer Dykes. Hardly a major signing for a blue blood program heading into the best conference

froginaustin

I’d take Mullen over Dykes if he is going to slow play this. If he is not all in, I’m good with calling other people…especially Mullen. I like the idea of Dykes here,!especially some of his assistant coaches, but I want a coach that is excited to be here…not already looking to leave.

Any idea whether or not Mullen would be interested in TCU? -- might be a drop-off after 2 reasonably successful (by most people's standards) SEC gigs.

Any idea whether or not TCU would be interested in Mullen? -- rumor has it ( :) ) that his termination at Florida was not just about wins and losses.

Serious questions, to the extent that any questions linking TCU with Mullen are serious.

y2kFrog

I can’t come up with any scenario where OU (or whoever) makes any sort of decision between now and Tuesday that would make Sonny think he’s their guy. And he’d have to be a special kind of dumb to tell us “on second thought I think I’m gonna wait for a little while before signing that”. Maybe he is, hell if I know.
I think a realistic scenario is that Sonny knows he has no chance at the job by Tuesday. (If he was actually entertaining such a thing)

Pharm Frog

You must be joking. OU’s administration would be roasted if they even hinted that Dykes was a top candidate.
Kliff Kingsbury currently making $5.5m seems like someone they might be Interested in.
I’d be stunned if OU even took a phone call from Sonny’s agent. But I’ve been stunned many times before. Not stunned at all the LR is bailing out of Norman.

Wexahu

I’d be stunned if OU even took a phone call from Sonny’s agent. But I’ve been stunned many times before. Not stunned at all the LR is bailing out of Norman.
OU once hired a totally washed up Howard Schnellenberger, and John Blake. Not really disagreeing with you though.

But picking a coach is far from easy and far from an exact science.