• The KillerFrogs

Las Cruces Sun-News: NM Aggies may already have lined up next football coach

East Coast

Tier 1
I haven't been to Las Cruces in more than 20 years. Is it a decent place to live?
Being confirmed that Coach Kill is taking this job. He is saying that he will find a place for anyone on the current Frog staff that wants to come with him. Tim Beck is already confirmed.

gofor2

Las Cruces is absolutely lovely. It's one of those places that, simply driving through, I was curious about real estate prices...
Good to know. I love mountains. I've been to Ruidoso and was lucky enough to stay when a lot of snow fell, so the skiing was decent.

gofor2

I haven't been to Las Cruces in more than 20 years. Is it a decent place to live?
Being confirmed that Coach Kill is taking this job. He is saying that he will find a place for anyone on the current Frog staff that wants to come with him. Tim Beck is already confirmed.
I think someone else already said it - a bunch of the NMSU types need to drop to the FCS. I would add that its been horrid for so long, I don't understand why they keep dragging that corpse around.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

I've never been to Las Cruces. I have been to Santa Fe, Ruidoso, as well as Albuquerque.
Albuquerque was a dump. Santa Fe has morphed into a rich person's getaway.
There are some good spots in ABQ. Wouldn’t want to live there myself, but there are a lot of worse places for sure.

gofor2

There are some good spots in ABQ. Wouldn’t want to live there myself, but there are a lot of worse places for sure.
A buddy of mine got his PhD at NMSU. I went there a couple times to visit. Decided to drive a bit to see some ruins near Gallop NM. That must be one of the "lot of worse places" that you are referring too.

TCUdirtbag

A buddy of mine got his PhD at NMSU. I went there a couple times to visit. Decided to drive a bit to see some ruins near Gallop NM. That must be one of the "lot of worse places" that you are referring too.
My list of "worse places than ABQ" started with Lubbock and Waco, but I'll take your word for it that Gallup belongs there, too.

gofor2

My list of "worse places than ABQ" started with Lubbock and Waco, but I'll take your word for it that Gallup belongs there, too.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I think Gallop NM, ABQ, Bakersfield CA, Gary IN, Baltimore (large parts of it), East St. Louis, Stockton CA, Lubbock, El Paso - those all places I've been to and I wouldn't live in any of them. East St Louis is probably the worst of that bunch. To be fair, there really is no comparing East St Louis or Gary to any of those other cities, there is a huge gap between how bad they are, although portions of Baltimore do make a good case lol

McFroggin

Las Cruces is an absolute [ Finebaum ]hole. High crime. Few jobs. The university is a joke. Essentially anyone can pass class there. Amenities, even football, are a joke.