• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Everything Matt Campbell said before Iowa State's matchup with TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Everything Matt Campbell said before Iowa State's matchup with TCU​

ByMICHAEL SWAIN

Iowa State will wrap up the regular season on Friday with a game against TCU. To preview the matchup, Matt Campbell met with the media on Tuesday. Here's everything the head coach said during his media availability...

Campbell began with an opening statement...

"Not really a whole bunch from my end. I know a really good day of practice yesterday. Things going a lot faster this week because of playing on a Friday. But I think really good for us. Our kids are ready to go and it will be a great challenge."

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...senior-day-Brock-Purdy-Breece-Hall-176107023/

Limp Lizard

On the latest injury news...

"Everybody will be available other than, I think, O'Rien [Vance] is probably the one that's questionable right now. That guy's been a warrior and fought through it. And just continuing to evaluate where he may be for Saturday. But everybody else is certainly available and that's a positive for us."
Would love to hear that kind of news. Star RB plays all 11 games and star QB plays all 11. Texas' star RB only misses one game. We have started 19 players on defense, at least. For those who call the injury talk BS, I say BS to them. Hopefully our new coach will have the authority including over the training dept. to make things more reasonable.

And BTW, I don't blame injuries for all our woes, it was time for a change. There has been a sickness of the spirit of this team for several years. Just to reach the next level we have to get injuries under control.

Diehard

Would love to hear that kind of news. Star RB plays all 11 games and star QB plays all 11. Texas' star RB only misses one game. We have started 19 players on defense, at least. For those who call the injury talk BS, I say BS to them. Hopefully our new coach will have the authority including over the training dept. to make things more reasonable.

And BTW, I don't blame injuries for all our woes, it was time for a change. There has been a sickness of the spirit of this team for several years. Just to reach the next level we have to get injuries under control.

Still think there is lot more to this story...Too obvious when it all started. IMO.

Tshirt Fan

Still think there is lot more to this story...Too obvious when it all started. IMO.
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF