• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football to ‘cut loose and have fun’ with a bowl berth on the line at Iowa State

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football to ‘cut loose and have fun’ with a bowl berth on the line at Iowa State

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football is in a playoff game as interim coach Jerry Kill called it.

If the Horned Frogs win at Iowa State on Friday afternoon, the season continues with a bowl berth. If they lose, the season is over. Nobody is more excited to be in the situation than the players even if they are two-touchdown underdogs going into it.

It’s been a tumultuous season for all involved with longtime head coach Gary Patterson and TCU parting ways on Oct. 31. At the time, the Frogs were sitting at 3-5 overall and riding a three-game losing streak.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256039242.html#storylink=cpy

CountryFrog

I think it's the right approach for a coaching staff in their way out the door and a team that's probably worn out physically and mentally. No need to try and push these guys to the wall. They probably wouldn't do it for coaches they know they won't ever see again. Best way to try and get the best effort out of them is to just say "scheiss it, let's have some fun this week and see what happens."

That approach could lead to losing by 30 but that's a possibility regardless.

CountryFrog

If they do win and make it to a Bowl game, who coaches the team?
I do.

No, seriously, it would be the current staff I would assume. They would run the practices and game itself. Then Dykes and the new staff would handle everything else from recruiting to prepping for 2022. I'm sure they'd still be present at the practices as well.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mythical creature from tales of lore. Rumored to be from the land of five stars. Fast as a cheetah. Strong as an ox. Has the ability to be both invincible and invisible.
From the Islands of the Five Stars. Captain Nemo had a place there, and there was a fellow named Kong...

Chongo94

Now all we need is for Purdy to get injured and the center develop a frozen shoulder and we’re good to go
Need their superhuman tight end to be out as well (unless he already is and I missed that)

Tight ends have killed is for years. This guy could make it look like an all-Pro going up against a Pop Warner team.

Pharm Frog

Need their superhuman tight end to be out as well (unless he already is and I missed that)

Tight ends have killed is for years. This guy could make it look like an all-Pro going up against a Pop Warner team.

Oh I have every reason to believe that Kolar will set all TE receiving records on Friday. Most targets, most receptions, most total yards, most yards after catch, most defenders dragged for more than five yards….all of them.