• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

flyfishingfrog

Probably could have and would have if we had a decent search committee and AD. But he’s not a coordinator.
We will never know then - what could have been

Will be really interesting to see what could have been and the reaction when Baylor has to pick a new guy soon - since they lost their HC in waiting to Tech

asleep003

It wasn't easy to win at TCU in the MWC, and it isn't easy to win at SMU in the CUSA. Dykes has done well at SMU; he's a good coach. Let's hope that transfers across town.
We have to remember how well Dykes/SMU did in the AAC... the sixth best D1 conference(of 10) if not the 5th best D1 league the past couple years.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm not sure I even want to comment on the prospect of using a RACI as the tool to drive organizational change.

The change management process is unfolding before our eyes. The change management process is being communicated via message boards and twitter, and not by the TCU administration. This change affects the entire TCU community. JD and VB failed to set this community up for the change. For example, in the middle of the season, LHCGMFP is shown the door. There is zero prior communication that changes were needed. A year or two ago, there could have been some public communication by JD that TCU is expecting to compete for B12 titles and is making adjustments to meet that goal. Instead, NADA.

Fast forward to today. The single follow-up communication is that we have not made an offer. There is no public indication that TCU had anyone in mind other than Sonny Dykes, and the message boards are exploding with "Dykes to TCU". That's not "managing the message" . How is the TCU community responding? Unfavorably. Based on the lack of communication by TCU, it appears that TCU is kicking out a legend to make way for a third or fourth choice hire. The KF.c response has been that the TCU fans on Twitter and on Facebook are idiots. The TCU administration has the opportunity to plan the next round of communications to better help setup the need for change, explain the search process, and help bring the TCU community on-board with the change. Will they?

I'm personally not enthralled by the process or the potential results or how LHCGMFP was shown the door.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
It’s amazing how much of that you made up in your head. Your feelings are useless. Your circumspection is useless. Unless you have real knowledge you should just quit posting the same boring [ Finebaum ] over and over.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The FB group is pretty cringeworthy. Some really terrible takes. It honestly makes me wonder if the collective football IQ of our fan base is lower than that of other fan bases.

The group seems to also be overall pretty opposed to the decision to get rid of Patterson, so that’s coloring their feelings. Lots of older fans who feel we will instantly go back to pre-Patterson days and go decades without going bowling. Also lots of fans who clearly don’t see the consistent four year decline we’ve been on. I think a lot of the “average” fans know this season is bad, but when it comes to past seasons they know the big moments (Rose Bowl, Peach Bowl, Alamo Bowl, etc.) and everything in else is fuzzy for them.
Facebook is stupid and should only be used by worn out middle aged women and old people. Even those demographics are a stretch. Need to know how people are doing? Call them. Need to let people know how you’re doing? Call them. If you wouldn’t call them, they aren’t your friends. Regardless of what Facebook labels them.

Facebook is a cancer on modern society.

LisaLT

THIS is the primary reason I never wanted us in the PAC and besides, the revised Big 12 is better than the PAC......don't think so? Who in the PAC is rated in football....2 (Oregon & Utah) and the Big 12, 5.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Wexahu

We will never know then - what could have been

Will be really interesting to see what could have been and the reaction when Baylor has to pick a new guy soon - since they lost their HC in waiting to Tech
It will be interesting if Aranda and Napier both head to the SEC. Those two, Smart, Jimbo, Sark, Kiffin, Harsin, Pittman, Riley….not to mention Saban but he’s getting old. Today’s home runs, tomorrow’s unemployed. They all won’t last because they all can’t go 9-3 or better every year. They’ll get rich though.

Waccy Frog

Facebook is stupid and should only be used by worn out middle aged women and old people. Even those demographics are a stretch. Need to know how people are doing? Call them. Need to let people know how you’re doing? Call them. If you wouldn’t call them, they aren’t your friends. Regardless of what Facebook labels them.

Facebook exists only for geniuses to do their own “research.”

gofor2

And he has not won less than double digits since then….

Can we get him?
I've watch this sport for a long time and it wasn't until the SEC commish became the BCS leader that one conference started to dominate the upper tier bowl games. There was always an ebb and flow to things prior to that, with no conference dominating a decade. That's disappeared.
I'm convinced the initial SEC build up was made possibly by their scheduling strategy.
*4 creampuffs in the OOC, play one of those in November which amounts to a scrimmage/bye week.
*Play only 8 conference games a year, which gives them 6-7 less losses as a whole vs. conferences that play 9 games. This is a huge advantage that never really gets discussed. It means you are sending as many as 4 more teams to bowl games, which often means more money, more exposure and more pull with recruits. Send half your conference to bowl games, because all you have to do is go 2-6 in conference with 4 OOC wins to be eligible (remember those OOC games are usually against creampuffs).
*Rarely leave your state to play an OOC game.
*Make sure those bowl games are closer to your school /fanbase and make other teams travel across the country to play in them.

The committee has already shown they don't care that we play 9 conference games, so there is no point in keeping it. Right off the bat, the Big 12 is handing its conference members 5 extra guaranteed losses a year. 5. Go pick just about any 5 teams in the Big12 and add 1 win to their win total and remove 1 conference loss and see if that changes bowl eligibility and bowl projections. The Big12 and all other conferences need to ditch this 9th conference game stuff and schedule like the SEC.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

It will be interesting if Aranda and Napier both head to the SEC. Those two, Smart, Jimbo, Sark, Kiffin, Harsin, Pittman, Riley….not to mention Saban but he’s getting old. Today’s home runs, tomorrow’s unemployed. They all won’t last because they all can’t go 9-3 or better every year. They’ll get rich though.
Well maybe we can get the biggest loser in a few years

Tshirt Fan

It’s amazing how much of that you made up in your head. Your feelings are useless. Your circumspection is useless. Unless you have real knowledge you should just quit posting the same boring [ #2020 ] over and over.
Put me on ignore. Put everyone on ignore. Shout at the top of your lungs. No one can hear you. Problem solved.
BTW, you're brilliant, an absolute top notch contributor. Would read again. 2 stars.

CountryFrog

Then maybe hope that Tony Elliott stays at Clemson or goes to Virginia Tech and does not go to our #1 rival, Baylor. Elliott is a good recruiter, charmer and leader, and Texas and Louisiana recruits, parents and high school coaches would likely quickly warm to him. I can imagine Elliott becoming the most likable Head Coach in Texas and I would much dislike TCU being the other private school directly competing with him in recruiting.
Thank God someone in this thread is still bringing highly valuable and relevant updates

CountryFrog

Amen