• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

westoverhillbilly

I think there's a high likelihood that Tech wanted Sonny but he felt it was a Death Valley move and that he'd be better off staying put at SMU.. However, he'll react differently if offered by TCU.. Now, that doesn't mean he's destined for the CFP here, but I think it's not out of the realm of possibility either. He may be able to portal in some transfers to TCU that were out of his reach at SMU year after year. TCU will by far be the best brand he will have ever coached.

Paint It Purple

I agree, we were blessed with stability. A large part of that was our competition. GP didn't start off in the B12. He coached his first 11 years in the MWC and CUSA. Expectations, competition and pressure weren't nearly as high. We found out pretty quick that the B12 was a different animal.

An interesting tidbit - Baylor had a beloved coach that lasted 21 years and after he retired they sucked for 16-17 years. All it took was 2 really bad hires and their program went into the abyss. Hope we don't make 2 really bad hires lol
Grant Teaff had a few good seasons, but Grant Teaff couldn't tie Gary Patterson's shoe laces.

Frozen Frog

Starting to believe Dykes isn't a done deal yet. That has me concerned. If I am SMU I am asking him to sign the extension or leave this week! SMU has to want to get ahead in their search for a coach. I am guessing they have a list, but with the lack of great HC candidates the sooner you can find someone the better.

I think Aranda is gone! So far Matt Campbell and James Franklin have not left. LSU, USC, and UF are open. There are other jobs that far exceed his current one open right now. There will be other jobs that open as some of these get filled. He is at his most marketable now. If he leaves in December or later that really hurts his current school. Are former UT and TAMU coaches just damaged goods? It seems like they peak for a minute and then disappear. When they do reappear it feels like they are done.

Anyone want to venture a guess at how much longer CDC stays at UT? I get the feeling he is about done there.

Starting to believe Dykes isn't a done deal yet. That has me concerned. If I am SMU I am asking him to sign the extension or leave this week! SMU has to want to get ahead in their search for a coach. I am guessing they have a list, but with the lack of great HC candidates the sooner you can find someone the better.

I think Aranda is gone! So far Matt Campbell and James Franklin have not left. LSU, USC, and UF are open. There are other jobs that far exceed his current one open right now. There will be other jobs that open as some of these get filled. He is at his most marketable now. If he leaves in December or later that really hurts his current school. Are former UT and TAMU coaches just damaged goods? It seems like they peak for a minute and then disappear. When they do reappear it feels like they are done.

Anyone want to venture a guess at how much longer CDC stays at UT? I get the feeling he is about done there.
Screen name checks out. Once you emerge from the freeze, you’ll find that it is a done deal.

Tshirt Fan

CDC is wearing thin and if he isn't on the hot seat, it's at least starting to warm up.
Not a single word uttered about Urban Myer in relationship to any opening, which is interesting considering his cratering NFL career.
Matt Campbell was never really a target and wouldn't hit the TCU timeline. And it would be bad form stealing from another B12 school.
Aranda is gone? Back to LSU? He's a good coach well deserving of the opportunity to take LSU to the next level.
Which leaves the door wide open for Bill Napier at TCU. Maybe the last second TCU push for Napier will strike gold?

Cajuns-Napier.jpg

ticketfrog123

Well, I guess then Elliott should get a good job and be successful. We'll see. I'll be paying attention.

He better be careful about where he goes though, because if he goes somewhere like a Duke, Georgia Tech or South Carolina and doesn't start winning big he's gonna be labeled a below-average, mediocre coach.
Well, I guess then Elliott should get a good job and be successful. We'll see. I'll be paying attention.

He better be careful about where he goes though, because if he goes somewhere like a Duke, Georgia Tech or South Carolina and doesn't start winning big he's gonna be labeled a below-average, mediocre coach.
He’s already turned down HC jobs much better than Duke / GT. Can’t remember if he was offered SC

bc puckett

CDC is wearing thin and if he isn't on the hot seat, it's at least starting to warm up.
Not a single word uttered about Urban Myer in relationship to any opening, which is interesting considering his cratering NFL career.
Matt Campbell was never really a target and wouldn't hit the TCU timeline. And it would be bad form stealing from another B12 school.
Aranda is gone? Back to LSU? He's a good coach well deserving of the opportunity to take LSU to the next level.
Which leaves the door wide open for Bill Napier at TCU. Maybe the last second TCU push for Napier will strike gold?

Cajuns-Napier.jpg

Napier will land @ Florida