• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Wexahu

Louisiana just beat the crap out of a good Liberty team today, 42-14, and Liberty was favored at +3.5. Just sayin' for all of those on the Billy Napier bandwagon.

I want him for the opportunity to increase recruiting in LA, along with TX. Rumor is that Va Tech is shopping him pretty hard though, so we have competition.
I believe he has already turned us down. He’d be fine but you can’t make someone sign a contract who doesn’t want to.

Fwiw, I highly doubt he goes to Va Tech either.

Louisiana just beat the crap out of a good Liberty team today, 42-14, and Liberty was favored at +3.5. Just sayin' for all of those on the Billy Napier bandwagon.

I want him for the opportunity to increase recruiting in LA, along with TX. Rumor is that Va Tech is shopping him pretty hard though, so we have competition.
He would be a good hire, and the best of those who have been named, but will he be available? I don't know and apparently getting a commitment from a coach is considered of paramount importance.

I believe he has already turned us down. He’d be fine but you can’t make someone sign a contract who doesn’t want to.

Fwiw, I highly doubt he goes to Va Tech either.
It sounds like he did not turn us down but would not commit to the time frame desired for him to make a decision. So do you take the bird in the hand or the bird in the bush? Apparently, the bird in the hand will win out. Not saying that is right or wrong but just appears to be the more accurate description.

Wexahu

Would be good, but word is we tried to lure him and he turned us down. You can’t hire someone that doesn’t want the job.

FWIW, Liberty is ok. “Good” is a stretch. Not near as good as they were supposed to be. So that probably eliminates Hugh Freeze as well.

bp4tcu

There was a segment on College Gameday about open slots and who is expected to go where. TCU didn’t. Get so much a a mention.
Sucks to suck. But on the other hand, we’re not nor have we ever been the national power house some on here like to think.

I love TCU more than anything but there is a VERY over inflated sense of self value/relevancy/whatever on here and amongst many TCU fans. Not aggy level delusional, but close.

CountryFrog

Sucks to suck. But on the other hand, we’re not nor have we ever been the national power house some on here like to think.

I love TCU more than anything but there is a VERY over inflated sense of self value/relevancy/whatever on here and amongst many TCU fans. Not aggy level delusional, but close.
I'm pretty sure the only people who talk about TCU being a national power are all of you "rational fans" who feel the need to constantly remind everyone that we're not Alabama or Ohio St. You're so objective and the rest of us are total fanboy clowns.

Retired Frog

Good! you so called TCU fans and supporters can bail on your American football team. Give me better choices for season tickets. I was there when the were 0-11. Getting beat 81-14. I’ll always support them no matter so go ahead.
First off the score was 81-16. Darrel Royal callled timeout with seconds left in first half so they could score and go up 52-3

Spare me I’ve been to it all

This is the biggest give up hire ever. I guess due to some time table they established

As far as tickets I am just going to go to Stubhub and buy Club seats for $50-75. There will be many available

Klaw

Because he knows what it takes to win here, what it takes to build something at a school that doesn't make it easy on head coaches compared to almost every other head coach at power 5 schools. The assistants I don't really care about but the guy running the show, he should definitely have a say. He should get a say because he is by far the most qualified person to make sure the next guy has what it takes to win at TCU, that's WHY Gary gets a say.

Nobody's forgetting the assistants (and it's pretty obvious you have some close ties with some assistants) but the assistants aren't the ones that everyone is talking about in this entire HEAD COACHING discussion.

When it comes to your little tantrum about gay's vision as an educational institution, when's the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a science experiment? This reshaping and new build you are talking about is only happening as fast as it has at TCU bc of the football program and the notoriety that it brought to our small, private school in North Texas. I'll give you a little homework so you can see how the football program is directly responsible for 90 percent of the new builds and progress TCU has made in the last 20 years. Go look up how many applications TCU was averaging each year in 2005 compared to just 4 years later in 2009. Which is around the time TCU and Gary Patterson started to get taken seriously in the college football world. After you do that research then you can argue with me about how much GP did for this university on every level.

Football drives growth. Period.
We all love and respect GP for what he did for TCU; however, he drove the program into the ditch because of his stubbornness and lack of desire to grow and change.

Also, college football has changed a lot in the last 10 years, and what made TCU successful then does not work in the current game.

Thus, I believe GP should have no say in the next HC. He is too close to the situation and will have an emotional and bias view on it. Reminder his idea of growth was to bring in Jerry Kill and Mecham

Moose Stuff

First off the score was 81-16. Darrel Royal callled timeout with seconds left in first half so they could score and go up 52-3

Spare me I’ve been to it all

This is the biggest give up hire ever. I guess due to some time table they established

As far as tickets I am just going to go to Stubhub and buy Club seats for $50-75. There will be many available
Honest question man…. WHO should we be hiring instead? The article just posted beat me to it but it’s just a brutal year to be hiring a new HC (bad list of available candidates). We made a run at arguably the hottest young and upcoming HC out there and he listened, just didn’t work out. In the grand scheme of everything else that’s realistically available we’re coming out of this in pretty decent shape with Sonny. I mean hell, last year the University of Texas hired a coordinator who was previously a mediocre HC and might have a drinking problem. I’ll take Sonny.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

College football insider: 'Not enough really good candidates right now' to fill top coaching vacancies.​

Bruce Feldman believes top programs with head coach vacancies have perhaps chosen a poor time to part ways with their previous leaders,
Totally agree man. Not a good year at all to be in need of a new HC.