• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Wexahu

Michigan State giving Mel Tucker 100 million was the stupidest financial decision of the century by a college sports program. You give that kind of money out after you win a championship of some sort, not when you have the first winning season of your head coaching career that consists of a whopping 1 win over a team with a winning record
It sure seemed stupid to me. But if Mel Tucker were named a candidate for TCU and was being interviewed a week ago there’d of been plenty of people excited about that. Some even said I’ll take Mel Tucker all day long if he were available, words to that effect. And he was losing 49-0 at half today. You could almost see it coming. And you could almost see this Cincy result coming. Murphy s law or whatever.

What did I miss here? Is Sonny really our only option now? I thought Napier was at least interested? Why does everyone think he’s 100% out of picture and all we’re left with is Sonny Dykes?

Wexahu

It’s not really the Dykes support on this board you need to be worried about.
Look at it this way, Dykes might just be going scorched earth on SMU, wants the leave them as decimated as possible on his way out.

That’s all I’ve got.

FWIW, not that anyone cares, but I’m still ok with SD, and I’ll be ok with about anyone else, but that was a little depressing. Kinda sensed it coming though, the stars weren’t really aligned.

SackLunch

why should gary have a say in who follows him? why should gary have a say in the future of his assistants and the support staff at tcu?

gary didn't achieve what has been achieved in the football program solely on his efforts. there were a group of assistants who continually seemed to be forgotten by those engaged in the gary worship.

additionally, was it gary's vision of tcu as an educational institution that has shaped the rebuild of the campus? you keep talking that without gary tcu wouldn't be what it is today and i am curious what you believe we are other than a small, private school in north texas.
Because he knows what it takes to win here, what it takes to build something at a school that doesn't make it easy on head coaches compared to almost every other head coach at power 5 schools. The assistants I don't really care about but the guy running the show, he should definitely have a say. He should get a say because he is by far the most qualified person to make sure the next guy has what it takes to win at TCU, that's WHY Gary gets a say.

Nobody's forgetting the assistants (and it's pretty obvious you have some close ties with some assistants) but the assistants aren't the ones that everyone is talking about in this entire HEAD COACHING discussion.

When it comes to your little tantrum about gay's vision as an educational institution, when's the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a science experiment? This reshaping and new build you are talking about is only happening as fast as it has at TCU bc of the football program and the notoriety that it brought to our small, private school in North Texas. I'll give you a little homework so you can see how the football program is directly responsible for 90 percent of the new builds and progress TCU has made in the last 20 years. Go look up how many applications TCU was averaging each year in 2005 compared to just 4 years later in 2009. Which is around the time TCU and Gary Patterson started to get taken seriously in the college football world. After you do that research then you can argue with me about how much GP did for this university on every level.

Football drives growth. Period.