• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Big Frog II

Dig a little deeper and see how many of those Dykes wins were against the likes of Houston Baptist, SFA, University of North Texas, UConn etc.
We probably are comparing oranges to apples. Herman also had 4 and 5 star recruits and Sonny didn't. Personally from what I have heard about Herman, I really don't think he's the one we need at TCU. Winning is great, but there are other factors involved.

Do you have any theories to Napier’s hesitancy? Is it waiting out for jobs like LSU or Florida, or other factors? I guess I just disagree with the sentiment that TCU should have Dykes jump Napier and hire Dykes early just because we aren’t willing to wait out Napier for 7 more days. We shouldn’t be offended that he’s waiting out for two top 10-15 jobs in the country, one of them being top 3 (LSU)
No idea

In your humble opinion, do you feel Gary likes them because they'll never reach what he accomplished or does he like them, because he feels they're the best fit for the job?

That's an honest question, I mean no disrespect to Gary or that I am insinuating he would do that.
I haven't asked, but knowing GP it's a combination of a guy who will do a good job, run the program in an ethical way, and hopefully keep some/all of his staff (including non-coaching/strength guys) who he thinks of like family.

I haven't asked, but knowing GP it's a combination of a guy who will do a good job, run the program in an ethical way, and hopefully keep some/all of his staff (including non-coaching/strength guys) who he thinks of like family.
Outside of a very few individuals on the coaching staff, it is that last part that would cause me the greatest concern.

Froggish

Old saying about three types of leaders: Builders, Caretakers, and Destroyers.

What type will succeed GP the Builder?
Always looking for a Builder. Sometimes you’re fooled into hiring a Caretaker. Often you end up with a Destroyer

Coach hiring is so uniquely hard that you can make the absolute “right” hire..AKA best fit/most logical hire and still end up with a dud. I’ll submit that there wasn’t a better possible hire that could have been made at TTech than Kingsbury…We saw how that went….

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
A Guy with a losing P5 record and near .500 American record is your 1A?

Happy Well Done GIF by Sarah Squirm
Still smarts doesn’t it? You’ll feel better little one; hang in there