• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

NewFrogFan

#10 (don't know his name, the players were calling him Hunter) crushed a couple of balls down the right field line. The first one ended up foul by a decent amount but the second one just missed being fair.

Mason Speaker's homerun was a bomb to left center. I was lucky enough to get that one on video.
Sat by he and his dad at Regional.

Moose Stuff

Honestly disappointed in our baseball Twitter account. I saw nothing from them today while places like UT/OU/Ok St/Baylor spent the whole day tweeting about their signees.

Pharm Frog

Surprised we didn’t see a tweet about extending the 2021-2022 scoring streak during the fall World Series. Think it’s a four now.

Pharm Frog

TCU has never named or posted their NLI signees.

Okay…and what does that have to do with this year? IIRC there’s been a change in the baseball program leadership and the prevailing sentiment is that the new leadership will be more “player-centric” than the prior era.

TXTXFrog

Their stance used to be that it left out walk on players, who were just as important to the program. Not sure if that is still the reason or not. I wouldn’t doubt it,

Pharm Frog

Their stance used to be that it left out walk on players, who were just as important to the program. Not sure if that is still the reason or not. I wouldn’t doubt it,

Seems like a simple solution -- announce anticipated walk-on's with fanfare as well. Might actually get a few more of these "just as important to the program" players. But I don't believe that rationale at all. Volleyball is a headcount sport and TCU didn't do squat for that program yesterday. I don't think that "walk-on's" are "just as important" to volleyball as scholarship athletes.