• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

So, I’ve had beverages and I’m in a mood. I’ve been thru the ringer in my life (no pity party bc my life wasn’t all that bad) most of it was due to my own actions. But over the past decade + I’ve strived to be the best that I can be for my family and myself.

I’m struggling with comprehending that my only boy and the only one I can have has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. I’m really going thru it over the past year. I just don’t have the feels to really elaborate. Just know that the common problems at work or at home aren’t really that important when you come to the realization that you will bury your only son. I just don’t know how to feel. Everything hurts and it’s been a long time. I just want to know what I’ve done wrong. I know that it isn’t logical but darn it it’s how I feel. I haven’t talked about it for about it other than to tcuDoc since I got the news. I just don’t scheissing understand. Why not me?

I’m not asking for answers bc there are none. I met my soulmate and we made a life together. It just flat out hurts.

Imagine praying for a tumor or a heart problem only to find out that it’s a disease that is incurable (at this time) and that he isn’t eligible for gene therapy due to his rare mutation deletion and other than steroids there is little treatment.

Sorry to dampen the mood, but man. I’ve really been hurting
Thoughts and prayers my virtual friend. May you find God's peace in this earthly struggle. Hopefully venting in the HASMSP tree of trust is of some comfort.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
So, I’ve had beverages and I’m in a mood. I’ve been thru the ringer in my life (no pity party bc my life wasn’t all that bad) most of it was due to my own actions. But over the past decade + I’ve strived to be the best that I can be for my family and myself.

I’m struggling with comprehending that my only boy and the only one I can have has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. I’m really going thru it over the past year. I just don’t have the feels to really elaborate. Just know that the common problems at work or at home aren’t really that important when you come to the realization that you will bury your only son. I just don’t know how to feel. Everything hurts and it’s been a long time. I just want to know what I’ve done wrong. I know that it isn’t logical but darn it it’s how I feel. I haven’t talked about it for about it other than to tcuDoc since I got the news. I just don’t scheissing understand. Why not me?

I’m not asking for answers bc there are none. I met my soulmate and we made a life together. It just flat out hurts.

Imagine praying for a tumor or a heart problem only to find out that it’s a disease that is incurable (at this time) and that he isn’t eligible for gene therapy due to his rare mutation deletion and other than steroids there is little treatment.

I'm so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out for you and your family. May I ask for your son's first name?

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

tcudoc

No words can make this better but please hang in there. Such a devastating blow as a dad.

Eight

sorry to hear this nwla and there is nothing wrong with being mad, frustrated, angry, confused or any of the possible mix of emotions and there is nothing wrong with directing these feelings at us (though steel would be the preferred recipient) or whatever form of god you believe in as they are strong enough to hear those words from you

the world doesn't make much sense at time and as you know better than most we have very little if any control over it. what you do have control is the time you spend with your son AND the ones you love. prayers and blessings to all involved

NWLA: We are here for you. You have to keep your head up. You did NOTHING wrong.

Focus on the time you have left with him. We all know not the day nor the hour; anyone of our numbers can be called at anytime. The "stuff" on this Earth does not matter. Put all other distractions aside and continue to provide the fatherly love.

Make memories.

Ron Swanson

Jesus man, that’s awful. So sorry to hear.

It’s definitely not anything you’ve done wrong. Life is random and can be awful if you’re one of the unlucky ones.

HFrog1999

Sorry to hear that. I pray that God gives you, your family and most importantly your son comfort and strength.

HFrog1999

Archaeologists discover ancient 'hangover prevention' ring​

Updated 9th November 2021

the lord of the rings GIF

TCURiggs

Damn, bud. Just catching up and saw this. So sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers, amigo. Hang in there.

Horny 4 Life

Dang, buddy! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Nobody knows the number of their days, all we can do is make the most of every one. As painful as it is, I pray that this situation helps you to focus on your family and enjoying the time you have with them. We'll be praying for y'all.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So today I walked into the [ #2020 ]ter at work. Standing in urinal one was a rather large man with his pants and drawers around his ankles. Maybe my Dad taught me wrong, but, isnt the reason we have zippers on our britches so that I don't have to look at bare ass cheeks on the way to do my business?
Sorry about that. I was trying out a new technique today.

Ron Swanson

So today I walked into the [ #2020 ]ter at work. Standing in urinal one was a rather large man with his pants and drawers around his ankles. Maybe my Dad taught me wrong, but, isnt the reason we have zippers on our britches so that I don't have to look at bare ass cheeks on the way to do my business?
Asian? It’s a cultural thing

Also, I used to do it as a joke in high school. Always got a good laugh