• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson is working ‘harder than anyone’ to get TCU football back on track

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson is working ‘harder than anyone’ to get TCU football back on track
FTW_TexasvsTCUcfb29
BY DREW DAVISON

There does not appear to be an easy fix when it comes to solving TCU’s issues on the football field this season.

But, as one high-ranking TCU official put it, coach Gary Patterson is working “harder than anyone” to get the Horned Frogs back on track. The school has no plans to fire Patterson during the season as Texas Tech did with its football coach Matt Wells on Monday.

Instead, Patterson and his staff continue to search for answers for a team that has lost four of its last five games. TCU (3-4, 1-3 Big 12) is hoping to take a step in the right direction at Kansas State (4-3, 1-3) on Saturday, but that’s easier said than done. The Wildcats coach Chris Klieman is 2-0 against the Frogs.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255229796.html#storylink=cpy

bp4tcu

Of course he is. This is the crap you say when you're trying to save your job.

I want him gone but I'm very worried about the alternatives. Our AD is a twice baked potato and I'm not confident he can get the guy to lead us to the next step. He's kept Jamie Dixon around for Christ's sake.

TAINTed frog

What should he do retire mid season? We all know nothing is going to be fully evaluated until after.
Yes. He should say he’s retiring mid-season. I’m struggling to see how he is “working harder than anyone”. Have you watched us this year, or the past few years? If this Gary working hard, he needs to be replaced.

Also, nothing about his recent record (not his music album) will be “fully evaluated” at the end of the season.

Again, only one of two things happen: Gary voluntarily retires, or the biggest donors get fed up and put him out to pasture. No AD or President could get rid of him if they wanted. He made himself unfireable. Which good for him, terrible for the university when a coach decides he’s more interested in making awful, awful “music”.

Big Frog II

I have no doubt that Gary will work very hard until the end of the season. It's his M.O. Unfortunately he has surrounded himself with assistants who are not capable of getting the job done. We are not going to improve this season no matter how hard he works. I use to say we turn 2 star recruits into 4 star players. Sadly we are now turning 4 star recruits into 2 star players.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It’s like some of you want him to fail!
Some of them do.

Somebody upthread points out a salient fact: If GMFP is working so damned hard, what are his Assistants doing? Isn't that what they're there for? Who isn't doing their job so blatantly that GMFP has to drop the six other things he was doing and come over and stick his finger in yet another hole in the dike? We all know he's an introvert and a busybody, in addition to being a deranged perfectionist and micro-manager, but this merely illustrates the issue that many have lamented: Do your job. Let your Assistants do their jobs. If they can't, then replace them with someone who can. By his very nature, GMFP is unable to do this.

4th. down

Some of them do.

Somebody upthread points out a salient fact: If GMFP is working so damned hard, what are his Assistants doing? Isn't that what they're there for? Who isn't doing their job so blatantly that GMFP has to drop the six other things he was doing and come over and stick his finger in yet another hole in the dike? We all know he's an introvert and a busybody, in addition to being a deranged perfectionist and micro-manager, but this merely illustrates the issue that many have lamented: Do your job. Let your Assistants do their jobs. If they can't, then replace them with someone who can. By his very nature, GMFP is unable to do this.
Yes and so sad. He could get away with it running up and through the previous conferences but when he comes up to programs that have as much or more talent than we do......problem. He was, like so many young coaches coming up through the profession, they are like vagabonds but with another job just around the corner. He has not forgotten that trek so he protects his assistants.........tooooo much.

I have to ask this question as it has been on my mind for several years..........WHY doesn't GP coach his assistants like the way he wants the players to play and then a review every 2 years. If they are not producing like he wants, they are replaced. He doesn't need to be screaming and going through all his emotions with the players on game day or practice throughout the week......that's the assistant coaches job. GP needs to coach his assistants and then let him evaluate but he will not do it.

smufrogger

Gary Patterson is working ‘harder than anyone’ to get TCU football back on track
FTW_TexasvsTCUcfb29
BY DREW DAVISON

There does not appear to be an easy fix when it comes to solving TCU’s issues on the football field this season.

But, as one high-ranking TCU official put it, coach Gary Patterson is working “harder than anyone” to get the Horned Frogs back on track. The school has no plans to fire Patterson during the season as Texas Tech did with its football coach Matt Wells on Monday.

Instead, Patterson and his staff continue to search for answers for a team that has lost four of its last five games. TCU (3-4, 1-3 Big 12) is hoping to take a step in the right direction at Kansas State (4-3, 1-3) on Saturday, but that’s easier said than done. The Wildcats coach Chris Klieman is 2-0 against the Frogs.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255229796.html#storylink=cpy
Perhaps he needs to look at his assistants and see if they are cutting it? One coach working hard won’t cut it.