• The KillerFrogs

Tech Game Day — Lessons to Learn?

Eight

Nice! I have never seen this movie.

giphy.gif

how is that possible? vision quest has every stereotypical character and plot device you would find in your coming of age 80's teen movie

look at this getup worn by the coach and tell me it doesn't scream 80's

images

the best though is these two wrestlers are supposedly in the same weight class

shute740.jpg

vicarfrog

giphy.gif

how is that possible? vision quest has every stereotypical character and plot device you would find in your coming of age 80's teen movie

images

shute740.jpg

That's alot 80s wrapped up in that leotard!

I mean...I can't even fathom...how I have not seen this movie. "Only the Young" is my favorite Journey song too.

Eight

That's alot 80s wrapped up in that leotard!

I mean...I can't even fathom...how I have not seen this movie. "Only the Young" is my favorite Journey song too.

plus, you have a young madonna appearing/ singing in it and i am talking madonna before she became british . you can't get much more 80's

MV5BY2JkMDA2YmMtNDI0Yy00ZjlkLWIwNzctNjg1NTMxNWYwYzk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

BleedNPurple

I think the players were happy to see us. Zach Evans pointed at us. Heard the F TCU chants and someone was brave enough to say F the Frogs behind my back as I was walking away. The older Tech fans were super nice. It was a better game day atmosphere. I'm not suprised that despite all of the commentary about our gameday atmosphere Steel get mostly negative feedback for saying such. I gt the same thing after saying the same thing about Baylor 3 years ago.
They’re mainly pissed about Biden these days and that makes a nice diversion… just saying

Zubaz

giphy.gif

images

shute740.jpg
And remember, the guy in the red allegedly DROPPED two weight classes to wrestle the guy in the yellow.

(Which is also hilarious because most wrestlers would just think "oh wow you beat a guy two weight classes down? Good job.")

Eight

And remember, the guy in the red allegedly DROPPED two weight classes to wrestle the guy in the yellow.

(Which is also hilarious because most wrestlers would just think "oh wow you beat a guy two weight classes down? Good job.")

wife is from the pnw and this movie is legend in their family because her brother was a wrestler in high school and he had a son who was a multi-year state champion

the irony about dropping two weight classes is modine struggled to gain the weight needed to just to look like someone who had cut enough weight to drop to classes while the "actor" who played shute was a body builder who actually did drop 15-20 lbs. multiple times over the course of a year to look leaner

basically he was doing the same thing jackman did for wolverine, pitt for achilles, and helmsworth for thor where they trained they arses off, cut weight by basically dehydrating themselves short term , and tbe result is you get a more defined, "bigger" look as we see in the picture above

Eight

It's like whoever wrote or directed this movie said, "People need to know what the 80s we're like."

one of the most 80's centric movies i can think of which is a topic our kids and we will talk over at times because the look and character plots are so distinctive. another one is live and die in la where we have treasury officers who dress like this:

9bf8e8058eed7d08439fd84ffa95444a.jpg

our exceptionally dangerous and very rich villian lives in la, wears a freaking turtleneck ,and drives a red ferrari 304

MV5BYTY0YzdmMjctYzk4MS00MGUyLTg5ZmMtNzFlMGQ0NWIyYzJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQTNwaW5nZXN0._V1_.jpg

and the title song is sung by wang chung

Last edited:

steelfrog

Tier 1
Vision Quest was a pretty bad movie.

Among amateur wrestling movies, here are some good ones in Steel's opinion (and no, not Foxcatcher):

Veritas -- This is a documentary of Jon Trenge and is fascinating
Takedowns and Falls -- Documentary of the PA HS state wrestling tourney
Legendary -- a bit cheesy but good; John Cena
Warrior -- Not strictly amateur wrestling movie but has Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, Nick Nolte, Frank Grillo
Win Win -- Not hard core wrestling but good, Paul Giamatti

Spike

one of the most 80's centric movies i can think of which is a topic our kids and we will talk over at times because the look and character plots are so distinctive. another one is live and die in la where we have treasury officers who dress like this:

9bf8e8058eed7d08439fd84ffa95444a.jpg

our exceptionally dangerous and very rich villian lives in la, wears a freaking turtleneck ,and drives a red ferrari 304

MV5BYTY0YzdmMjctYzk4MS00MGUyLTg5ZmMtNzFlMGQ0NWIyYzJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQTNwaW5nZXN0._V1_.jpg

and the title song is sung by wang chung

One of my favorite movies ever. Cops take every crazy chance in the world but they all backfire. At the end the hottie rides off in the sports car. With another hottie.