• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Gurriel wins the batting title, and the Astros are hot!

Sadly, they have no relief pitching and Grienke can't seem to get people out, so they'll probably make a quick exit.

Pharm Frog

Gurriel wins the batting title, and the Astros are hot!

Sadly, they have no relief pitching and Grienke can't seem to get people out, so they'll probably make a quick exit.

my son said they traded for an entire bullpen so that seems odd. And he said Greinke was trying to close the game out today. Something isn’t adding up.

Went to see the Rangers final game today. Kind of cool and sad to see the last game for the Cleveland Indians. Lots of Indians fans at the game and it seems like a lot came in from the NE Ohio area. In the 8th a big group behind the visitor's dugout started chanting "Let's go Tribe." Rangers fans took exception and started booing before turning it into "Let's go Rangers." I was a bit disappointed in our fans and almost wish the whole stadium could have joined in on the occasion or at least let them have their moment. We stayed for the entire game and I saw a few tears as we exited. One guy was holding his son's hand. He gently leaned over and said "They'll always be the Indians." I would have to agree. I would also think that somewhere between the heavens and the earth, Louis Sockalexis shed a tear as well.

Eight

my son said they traded for an entire bullpen so that seems odd. And he said Greinke was trying to close the game out today. Something isn’t adding up.

only one of the relievers they traded for has panned out and it depends how his biorthymns are that given day

greinke has a combination of a shoulder issue, recovering from covid, and age. he hasn't been more than a 5-6 inning guy this year and been at the back of the rotation

suspect they ran him out there today to have him throw a bit because if there is anyone whose routine they aren't going to screw with it is him

truth be told, the astros this year are a team built for 162 games and not the play offs with their pitching in my mind, but i have been wrong often and wouldn't mind being wrong this time

Tampa with 100 wins this year, and AL champs last year, has a Luxury Tax payroll of 89 million, 121 million below the 210 million dollar Luxury Tax threshold. The fifth lowest MLB payroll.

The Dodgers with 106 wins blasted past the threshold this year with a payroll of 254 million, 44 million above. Boston is the only other team above, but only 2.7 million.