• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

Pharm Frog

Is that Osuna fella that’s been with the Braves the same dude that caused me to drop the Astros? Someone said he was in Mexico at some point.

Eight

Is that Osuna fella that’s been with the Braves the same dude that caused me to drop the Astros? Someone said he was in Mexico at some point.

same last name, apparently similar behavior, but different people and i was who told you the former Astro osuna was in mexico and believe he is still there

Astros’ Carlos Correa’s free agency—

“Carlos Correa is set to cap off a career season. In terms of WAR, the Astros shortstop has never put together a better season. An fWAR of 5.5 is the high mark of his big-league tenure, as is a bWAR of 7.2.”
https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/...t-looks-to-be-his-finest-in-an-astros-uniform

I love his glove, and arm—quick, strong and accurate, a great shortstop. Streaky at the plate but a power bat at SS, a big game bat. Team leader on and off the field, just turned 27, and a free agent. A 6’4” SS who had injury problems ‘17, ‘18 and ‘19–can he physically hold up.

His free agency after this season has been a cloud hanging over Astro fans because he will want close to Francisco Lindor numbers (341 million, 10 years) and the ‘Stros will not come close to that, and probably shouldn’t. But his fielding, grit, leadership and power bat will be greatly missed.

Last edited:

Eight

He'll be in Arlington next year

good chance with pena playing short for the astros

sticking point has been the years on the contract and i can't see giving 10 years to a 27-year old who will have only played more than 110 games in his career twice in 6 years where it was possible

realize the guaranteed valued of the contracts is insured if you have a bagwell or verlander situation, but that length of time is just too big a risk to me.

above average defender and can hit in multiple spots in the lineup

detroit is another place he might end up and remember danielle will very much have a say in this

Eight

last night the astros finally clinched the division and during the post game interviews this little exchange took place between astros broadcaster steve sparks and reliever ryan stanek concerning stanek holding two beers with a dip in his mouth

sparks "how do you double fist with a dip in?"

stanek " i went to college in arkansas so feel like that's a prerequisite"

Ron Swanson

last night the astros finally clinched the division and during the post game interviews this little exchange took place between astros broadcaster steve sparks and reliever ryan stanek concerning stanek holding two beers with a dip in his mouth

sparks "how do you double fist with a dip in?"

stanek " i went to college in arkansas so feel like that's a prerequisite"
Sparks is fantastic

Eight

watching the astros and alvarez goes down to get a breaking ball and send it into the right field bleachers at 108 mph

is it wrong of me to wish someone in the astros dugout would be whistling just to scheiss with the a's?