• The KillerFrogs

Max is not the answer

2themax

Bottom line is you need more stable play with the qb . He's got to be more reliable.
He's shaky at best.
This game needed an alpha field leader bad.
The closest to that was O Mathis and Z Evans.
If he doesn't improve, the Frogs are gonna waste the roter talent of a very good fb team.
Any way you look at it, he's the final piece.

Max seems to have retained many of the same basic characteristics that he displayed

as a
true freshman. Great ability as a runner, strong arm, mediocre accuracy as passer,

a questionable sense of field presence and timing on when to release passes.

smufrogger

I don’t see the point or think it helps to publicly beat up on Max, as we all know his weakness is throwing over defenders, but he is now an experienced upperclassman who is a great leader according to inside reports, is tough as nails, durable, a great runner and his best is yet ahead. Few QB’s have it all. I don’t think anybody believes he is going to be replaced, correct, so take heart in his assets and that we have experience there that the team supports. One can imagine the pressure Max is feeling.
I fail to see - or at this point believe that he will improve

Froggish

Put Duggan on Clemson / Bama / Ohio state - he’d still suck and would’ve been benched by now

He’s not some secret god-tier QB that we’re holding back…he’s Grayson Muhlstein caliber (Bram is better than Duggan) but Gary is playing favorites and defending him to our demise
B.S. on the GM comparison. If you truly are that football dumb then should stop watching. Again, Max isn’t elite but he isn’t the one holding this team back. I hate to break it to people but Max looks like 85% of QBs across CFB. QB play is generally pretty average in this sport. Max isn’t going to put a team on his back with his arm and neither can most QBs in CFB. Yet most QBs aren’t working with such an incompetent offensive staff. This program has not had a real OC since Justin Fuente and that was a decade ago. That is a bigger problem than Max by a pretty large margin

ticketfrog123

B.S. on the GM comparison. If you truly are that football dumb then should stop watching. Again, Max isn’t elite but he isn’t the one holding this team back. I hate to break it to people but Max looks like 85% of QBs across CFB. QB play is generally pretty average in this sport. Max isn’t going to put a team on his back with his arm and neither can most QBs in CFB. Yet most QBs aren’t working with such an incompetent offensive staff. This program has not had a real OC since Justin Fuente and that was a decade ago. That is a bigger problem than Max by a pretty large margin
No max does not look like 85% of college QBs - those guys can make throws downfield and don’t get ridiculed by announcers for always overthrowing and being embarrassingly off target. He’s the reason the offense stalls and ends up with FGs instead of TDs. Hopefully Morris plays more this year to show how a QB can direct the offense.

Max is the definition of mediocre - he’s never going to win a game for this team on his own swagger but he sure as hell can put us out of contention in close ones - he’s just “there” and not adding much value

He’s nowhere near P5 starter caliber and it’d be a debate if he would start for any Big 12 team not named Kansas (yes KSU has better QB with Skylar)

Hemingway

Max is a glorified RB , nothing more, playing the QB position.

Loss yesterday is on the D, but Max cant hit a deep pass if his life depended on it.
The problem is that he can’t hit the deep ball and therefore the defense will crowd the line and jam mid range passing lanes.
The only comparison I have is it’s like watching the usual University of Wisconsin qb at work.

tcufootballjh98

No max does not look like 85% of college QBs - those guys can make throws downfield and don’t get ridiculed by announcers for always overthrowing and being embarrassingly off target. He’s the reason the offense stalls and ends up with FGs instead of TDs. Hopefully Morris plays more this year to show how a QB can direct the offense.

Max is the definition of mediocre - he’s never going to win a game for this team on his own swagger but he sure as hell can put us out of contention in close ones - he’s just “there” and not adding much value

He’s nowhere near P5 starter caliber and it’d be a debate if he would start for any Big 12 team not named Kansas (yes KSU has better QB with Skylar)

He’s clearly P5 starter caliber. Comparing him to muelstein, are you serious? I am frustrated by the inconsistency as well, but let’s not get ridiculous here

Pharm Frog

What was the question again? Was it “What is the one of the top five issues with this program?” Or “Why did the Frogs lose to SMU?”

Wexahu

Bottom line is you need more stable play with the qb . He's got to be more reliable.
He's shaky at best.
This game needed an alpha field leader bad.
The closest to that was O Mathis and Z Evans.
If he doesn't improve, the Frogs are gonna waste the roter talent of a very good fb team.
Any way you look at it, he's the final piece.

The defense needs an alpha dog leader. It doesn’t have one.

Btw, the stepping to the side and pimping for the camera after an INT when down two scores and when you’ve been playing a poor game and getting your ass run over all day was embarrassing.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The defense needs an alpha dog leader. It doesn’t have one.
The whole team is bereft of leadership. No one holds anyone else accountable. They're all just going through the motions, uninspired and listless. Now, with a deep-tissue bruise on their ass, will they wake up and get angry? Or, will they do as I expect, and get sullen and pissy like bullies who have been punched in the mouth for the first time?

In the past, I would have had faith that GMFP could get the ship off the rocks and back to the fairway. But, that faith is extinguished, and the keel on this boat is shattered. Put her back in the deep water, and she'll just sink...

One redeeming positive that did emerge form Saturday's debacle was the singular

performance of Zach Evans ~ (Rush: 15/113 yds, Avg. 7.5 yds per carry ~ Receptions:

3 for 70 yds.) Imagine what this young man might accomplish with the aid of a quality

Offensive Line. We can enjoy his accomplishments as long as he remains with us. ....sigh...

Wexahu

One redeeming positive that did emerge form Saturday's debacle was the singular

performance of Zach Evans ~ (Rush: 15/113 yds, Avg. 7.5 yds per carry ~ Receptions:

3 for 70 yds.) Imagine what this young man might accomplish with the aid of a quality

Offensive Line. We can enjoy his accomplishments as long as he remains with us. ....sigh...

I think the offensive line played fine. I mean, jeezus, we had almost 500 yards and people here talk about all the missed deep balls, etc, etc, etc. What in the heck do people expect? 800 yards and scoring a TD on 90% of the possessions? Some expectations are WAY out of whack.

We lost because our front 7 got whipped and couldn't stop the run to save their butts and we couldn't get to the passer. Period. Do those two things "well" and we are talking about how great everything is.

Bob Sugar

I think the offensive line played fine. I mean, jeezus, we had almost 500 yards and people here talk about all the missed deep balls, etc, etc, etc. What in the heck do people expect? 800 yards and scoring a TD on 90% of the possessions? Some expectations are WAY out of whack.

We lost because our front 7 got whipped and couldn't stop the run to save their butts and we couldn't get to the passer. Period. Do those two things "well" and we are talking about how great everything is.
Exactly. TCU's defense played god awful and people want to blame the QB. If TCU had gotten some stops, the offense probably would have put up 50 points.