• The KillerFrogs

Max is not the answer

Eight

If max plays an elite game, we win. Period. It would have been a different game if he doesn’t miss on some of those throws & does not fumble it inside our 20.

That is 14-21 points minimum.

Yes, our D was awful today, but we should have scored 50 today.

empty backfield inside the frog 10 to the start the 3rd quarter was way beyond moronic

yes, the offense made mistakes, but the reality is that once again when tcu was in position to possibly make a late game run the defense could not get off the field and we have seen this time and time again the past 4 years

Moose Stuff

empty backfield inside the frog 10 to the start the 3rd quarter was way beyond moronic

yes, the offense made mistakes, but the reality is that once again when tcu was in position to possibly make a late game run the defense could not get off the field and we have seen this time and time again the past 4 years
And it was worse today than it has been because those were the 2nd and 3rd string backs for scheissing SMU that were running it down our throats.

I don’t see the point or think it helps to publicly beat up on Max, as we all know his weakness is throwing over defenders, but he is now an experienced upperclassman who is a great leader according to inside reports, is tough as nails, durable, a great runner and his best is yet ahead. Few QB’s have it all. I don’t think anybody believes he is going to be replaced, correct, so take heart in his assets and that we have experience there that the team supports. One can imagine the pressure Max is feeling.

Last edited:

stbrab

Agreed, but Max hasn't gotten better as a QB. Max is good, but he's not better. Elite QB's go win games despite factors they dont control. And 34 against SMU defense isnt anything to brag about. I think LA Tech scored more
Disagree…thought he played better. The first so-called overthrow in the end zone was perfect…the receiver stopped running. If he runs through the ball it’s a touchdown.

SuperBarrFrog

Max doesnt design the offense and call majority of the plays, nor does he coach the offensive line
Offensive line actually seemed fine today. Max made terrible decisions when running the option and couldn’t hit wide open receivers downfield. Even though the defense and play calling cost us this game, max sure as [ Finebaum ] didn’t help. It’s year 3 and he still can’t throw deep

Horny4TCU

I don’t see the point or think it helps to publicly beat up on Max, as we all know his weakness is throwing over defenders, but he is now an experienced upperclassman who is a great leader according to inside reports, is tough as nails, durable, a great runner and his best is yet ahead. Few QB’s have it all. I don’t think anybody believes he is going to be replaced, correct, so take heart in his assets and that we have experience there that the team supports. One can imagine the pressure Max is feeling.

Some kids need some humble pie. I miss the Gary that would bench starters if they were under performing.