• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

Paul in uhh

In my four years at TCU, I saw 40 losses.

Keep Gary.
This isn’t 1979 anymore, no disrespect intended.

We are cruising to another 6-6 year if we don’t fix things fast. All the capital we have built in the minds of recruits, national media, casual fans will all be lost if we (he) don’t put an end to it. 6-6 teams aren’t 2-10 teams but they get left in the MAC.

Eight

We keep saying Gary has to shake it up after another lackluster year, and he just makes minor tweaks. Doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

thing is gary only has made tweaks on one side of the ball and that isn't the side he coaches

where do the new ideas come from on the defensive side when you look at the coaching histories on that side of the ball

fitch coached at dallas lincoln and tcu, sharp has coached te's and de's at tcu and coached at tulsa, glasgow has 1 year at illinois state , at swt for 2 years, and had his 1 year at tech when he was the dc., modkins had a year in the nfl as a player sandwich between 5 years as a player at tcu and working at tcu in various capacities since 2007, and gonzales who was a high school coach then at uc-davis before coming to tcu and working in various roles

not saying none of those guys are good coaches, merely they have seen the world on that side of the ball through one lens and one lens only and who is over there that will tell gary the way he sees the world at times isn't right or needs to change?

FrogCoach84

Gary will not be fired.

Any change will have to come from Gary himself. Either in the form of his retirement or in a true evaluation of himself and his entire process.

Most coaches would be embarrassed by the coaching tree Gary has, especially with his longevity and success.

Gary has built a staff full of sycophants which has allowed the game to pass him by without anyone to offer an alternative point of view.

I would love a last act Renaissance to GP’s career because I don’t want to remember him like this. But it’s going to have to come from him and I’ve seen nothing that would lead me to believe he is capable of that.

Eight

Gary will not be fired.

Any change will have to come from Gary himself. Either in the form of his retirement or in a true evaluation of himself and his entire process.

Most coaches would be embarrassed by the coaching tree Gary has, especially with his longevity and success.

Gary has built a staff full of sycophants which has allowed the game to pass him by without anyone to offer an alternative point of view.

I would love a last act Renaissance to GP’s career because I don’t want to remember him like this. But it’s going to have to come from him and I’ve seen nothing that would lead me to believe he is capable of that.

would it be better to call it a coaching shrub?

TCUWIN

I want to see the rest of the season. That said if he loses to UT, OU, ISU, WVU and KSU en route to a 6-6 season he should definitely retire. The game appears to have passed the 4-2-5 and angry screamy cursing coach by.
How many years does he get “give him another year to see if he can get it straightened out”? He can’t or worse, won’t. This performance isn’t new. It’s been a few years now. Time for a change is now. With that being said, nothing will happen because no one on staff is will take over as lame-duck head coach. So a long year of embarrassing butt kickings and fear of young talent leaving for the promised lands of NIL dollars before we see if anyone has the guts to do what is right!