• The KillerFrogs

White Out for SMU Game?

LeagueCityFrog

Our company's intern showed me an email he received today from TCU indicating that Saturday is apparently supposed to be a white out game.

What a disaster this will be. Besides this email to students today, TCU has done zero formal announcement of this supposed whiteout through email or social media posts. IMO, a white out is something you make sure to do well or don't do at all. Considering this hasn't been communicated to season ticket holders at all yet, I think it's reasonable to assume this will be a very half assed attempt at a white out. Not to mention all the parents coming into town later this week that may not get the memo.

242512623_10219290790169896_3850752920126232076_n.jpg

Always so negative about almost everything now. Give a rest. It is a college football game.

HFrog12

Always so negative about almost everything now. Give a rest. It is a college football game.

Maniac beats the negative drum and he and I have had good debate but he is highlighting something legitimate here. Our gameday experience is really bad and there is nothing unique about it. Just when frog alley gets going we move it around. The last minute whiteout is very silly. You can’t color block unless you put items in the seats or at least put something out well in advance.

I get so frustrated with my friends who like to tailgate off campus but then again there is not really a good atmosphere on campus. TCU makes it borderline difficult to tailgate on campus. Have to go through tailgate guys, get reprimanded when your tent or tailgate touches a sidewalk. Then there is the time constraints on when you can set up and have to take down.

It was mentioned in another thread or on another board but why isn’t the university commons from frog fountain down to the stadium not filled with tents. Bring back Greek tailgates and throw them in there. Concerts, food trucks, whatever. Right now it is totally stale and TCU is out of touch with real college football. Lame ass color block and sandstorm on repeat at volume 3000 is exhausting. Rant over - let’s run the table.

Last edited:

Eight

Maniac beats the negative drum and he and I have had good conversation but he is highlighting something legitimate here. Our gameday experience is really bad and there is nothing unique about it. Just when frog alley gets going we move it around. The last minute whiteout is very silly. You can’t color block unless you put items in the seats or at least put something out well in advance.

I get so frustrated with my friends who like to tailgate off campus but then again there is not really a good atmosphere on campus. TCU makes it borderline difficult to tailgate on campus. Have to go through tailgate guys, get reprimanded when your tent or tailgate touches a sidewalk. Then there is the time constraints on when you can set up and have to take down.

It was mentioned in another thread or on another board but why isn’t the university commons from frog fountain down to the stadium not filled with tents. Bring back Greek tailgates and throw them in there. Concerts, food trucks, whatever. Right now it is totally stale and TCU is out of touch with real college football. Lame ass color block and sandstorm on repeat at volume 3000 is exhausting. Rant over - let’s run the table.

think you raise some very good points and there is a very, very circular aspect to many of these threads when it comes down to game day experience, marketing campaigns to sell tickets, campaigns to get media attention, and even planning something like the white out

who is in charge of these things at tcu because at a distance at times compared to other programs it sure seems as if people showing up for games is viewed as a foregone thing and not that tcu athletics is something to be promoted and sold

Paint It Purple

think you raise some very good points and there is a very, very circular aspect to many of these threads when it comes down to game day experience, marketing campaigns to sell tickets, campaigns to get media attention, and even planning something like the white out

who is in charge of these things at tcu because at a distance at times compared to other programs it sure seems as if people showing up for games is viewed as a foregone thing and not that tcu athletics is something to be promoted and sold
Someone needs to have their ass fired.

Frog Island

Maniac beats the negative drum and he and I have had good debate but he is highlighting something legitimate here. Our gameday experience is really bad and there is nothing unique about it. Just when frog alley gets going we move it around. The last minute whiteout is very silly. You can’t color block unless you put items in the seats or at least put something out well in advance.

Very well said and I agree 100%. The good thing about CDC was he was very open to ideas and would listen to fans. Let’s see if this new guy does.

Brog

It's especially embarrassing we're attempting to do this after the country saw how cool it can be with a sold out crowd for the Penn State game. We're just going to look like a bunch of wanna bes.

Even if every TCU fan in attendance on Saturday actually wore white, all it would do was make our empty purple seats appear more noticeable as well as help the SMU fans stand out more easily.

Well, to be honest, I don't think the country is going to see how cool our white out turns out to be. What channel is it our game's going to be on?

Pharm Frog

They could probably outfit the stadium with the left over Beat SMU t-shirts they were giving out at the volleyball game. Yes…they were white

It is a legitimate point