• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘There is no wrong.’ TCU’s Patterson delivers NIL message to local business leaders

BABYFACE

some kids will be motivated by money, some will be motivated by a winning program and a good coach. the choice is theirs to make.

for some cfb players they come from struggling families and their college NIL money could go a long way to help. it’s hard to get to the pros so it may be your only chance to get paid.

who are we to judge - the players make their own decisions.
I do judge. It isn’t pro ball. It is a college scholarship in return to play football. At TCU, that is about a 250k offer.

Froggish

I thought the schools were not supposed to organize the NIL directly and the players had to do it on their own. I have a feeling there are a lot of people that are jumping the limited rules out there and will never get called on it.

Personally, I just want the 32 or so money school to break away and form their own league. Then the rest of us could get back to creating something that has rules and something to help allow for parity like every major league sport does.

They can’t organize it directly but they can beg their donors to do it all they want. As long as
I thought the schools were not supposed to organize the NIL directly and the players had to do it on their own. I have a feeling there are a lot of people that are jumping the limited rules out there and will never get called on it.

Personally, I just want the 32 or so money school to break away and form their own league. Then the rest of us could get back to creating something that has rules and something to help allow for parity like every major league sport does.

There’s no parity now in regard to program wealth

BABYFACE

this is the free market at work. many of you most likely want to cut regulations and let the free market work. well…..here you go.
No sir. This is college athletics not pro sports. You think your clever with your dig. But hey, you got your jab at the “Man.”

hiphopfroggy

TCU Announces “Scaled To Succeed” NIL Program

FORT WORTH – TCU Athletics announced its comprehensive name, image, likeness (NIL) program, which includes a unique partnership with the TCU Neeley School of Business Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, on Wednesday evening.

The program called "Scaled to Succeed" is comprised of two main pillars: TCU's partnership with Opendorse and its Ready program and the new "Neeley NIL" offering. The launching of Scaled to Succeed was formally announced at TCU's NIL Open House event, held at the Legends Club & Suites inside Amon G. Carter Stadium. The open house involved TCU head coaches, TCU administrators and Fort Worth business leaders.

Neeley NIL will be conveniently located in the Moncrief Club in the south end zone of Amon G. Carter Stadium, and feature athlete-centered workshops that are voluntary, flexible on the student-athletes' schedule and 100 percent NIL focused. Content offered focuses on brand management, contract management, business formation, opportunity recognition, taxation and legal information as well as financial literacy.

In addition, a summer course is offered with 3-hour class credits that count towards an entrepreneurship minor, as well as virtual workshops to best accommodate student-athletes.

TCU has partnered with Opendorse since 2016 and announced its commitment to the Opendorse Ready NIL solution in August of 2020. The Ready program, which is located on the Opendorse app for all student-athletes, is a four-pronged approach: Understand, Build, Protect and Monetize.

By joining forces with one of the nation's top business schools and the continuing partnership with Opendorse, TCU is providing the tools of brand activation, protection, education and innovation to help its student-athletes take their brands to the next level and optimize earning potential.

image_handler.aspx

https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/9/16/general-tcu-announces-scaled-to-succeed-nil-program.aspx

punter9

I mean honestly in the grand scheme of things nil may not be that big of a deal (for us). Ten million would provide 100k for every scholarship player. Obvs it wouldn’t be parity for Zach Evans and Sandy (Sandy would clearly get more being in such a highly valued role).

Tcu can afford a ten million reduction in donations to fund this endeavor. Without breaking a sweat. State schools like tech this is much harder

just in case someone is missing the plan. The boosters would reduce donations to the school and use that cash to fund nil with no association or guidance with Tcu. I mean we had Amon g paid off in full in ten minutes. Those dollars would fund 20 years of nil

Endless Purple

They can’t organize it directly but they can beg their donors to do it all they want. As long as

There’s no parity now in regard to program wealth
I never said there was parity now. We still have everyone trying to compete with the big money (greed) schools. I think that if the schools that are most after the big money leave, the majority of those in the middle would be happy to not try to keep up with the big money. They may then try to compete for wins not who has the highest budget and most resort like training facilities.

JugbandFrog

This really shouldn’t be surprising. TCU has built itself up on the back of a small, select number of large donors over the years. Not inviting the common alumni and fanbase into opportunities is why they don’t have the support of the community or the alumni buy in they want.
The admin sold their souls to get the $$ they needed for the stadium. This is the main reason for the lack of butts in seats

jake102

The admin sold their souls to get the $$ they needed for the stadium. This is the main reason for the lack of butts in seats

No, it’s at least 60% about winning and losing. TCUs baseline attendance is probably 25k. After that it’s primarily about winning, with other random things thrown in (weekly weather, fan engagement, etc)

We had some real good crowds in 2014 and 2015

Atom

Honest question : is Boschini a good leader for the university? I really don't know much about him. I quit donating years ago when the tuition became more than the worth of the degree and quit paying attention.

Sounds like leadership dropped the ball, and based on comments here looks like it started with him.

Showtime Joe 2.0

college sports haven't been what the are 'supposed to be about" for decades now
Spot on. What F.A. Dry spoke about in hushed tones in a booth at the Carriage House restaurant on Camp Bowie 40 years ago, Patterson is now shouting from the rooftops. "There is no wrong anymore," Patterson says. The truth is that nothing has ever been "wrong" in big-time college football unless you got caught (or turned yourselves in, as we stupidly did in the '80s).

It's always been about winning and it always will be. The only difference now is that we can all admit that openly and stop pretending otherwise. I'd like to see Zach Evans and Quentin Johnston tooling around our campus in fully-loaded Hellcats by the end of the month.

Let's Go!