• The KillerFrogs

USC fires Helton

CryptoMiner

E_McvWyVgAAkuu3

E_McvWQVEAAnrd3

Mean Purple

This is a blessing in disguise for Helton. He has basically been held to a place holder coach for about 7 years. It was to the point that it was affecting the ability to recruit. Other schools used the backstory for negative recruiting. He should have bolted a couple of years ago, but he was all in.

steelfrog

Tier 1
From the WSJ:

At the close of the 2020-21 academic year, women made up 59.5% of college students, an all-time high, and men 40.5%, according to enrollment data from the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit research group. U.S. colleges and universities had 1.5 million fewer students compared with five years ago, and men accounted for 71% of the decline.

allclearforfrogs

From the WSJ:

At the close of the 2020-21 academic year, women made up 59.5% of college students, an all-time high, and men 40.5%, according to enrollment data from the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit research group. U.S. colleges and universities had 1.5 million fewer students compared with five years ago, and men accounted for 71% of the decline.
What's driving this?

Opintel

Moderators
I really believe that CGP is in a five year (or so) bubble, swimming around waiting to retire. Followed by two trips to Africa per year, and a little TV talking.

Well, that'd be a great plan.

I found it a few weeks ago when I was desperate for expansion info.
Oh, it's not on you.

It's amazing what passes for journalism today.

I realize it's really an op-ed piece, but for crying out loud, do some research. Nowhere in our mission is the mention of religion/Christianity.

Yet he holds us to the same standard as BYU and Baylor, and their mission statements are all about religion. He only saw our name and made some stupid assumptions.

TCU Mission Statement
To educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community

https://www.tcu.edu/about/mission-history.php

If this, as he says, makes the gulf between TCU and the Pac-12’s member institutions simply too wide, I shutter to think what their values out there are...

FBallFan123

Surprised Helton lasted as long as he did.

He’s had some decent seasons … but it seems like USC has underachieved for years.

Might’ve been easier for USC to take when they still looked like the best team in LA.