• The KillerFrogs

PAC - 12

Eight

next week is a very big week for the pac with oregon traveling to ohio state, colorado hosting texas atm, and washington traveling to michigan

big concern in seattle they made the wrong hire in jimmy lake, oregon has been all hype and mediocre performance under cristobal, and the conference needs to be competitive in the three feature games next weekend

Eight

In a few years, the PAC will be clearly behind the Big 12 in the pecking order and regret not expanding.

as rough a weekend as the pac had the acc had a worse weekend with miami getting boat raced, mac reverting back to form, tony elliott getting exposed by uga, and georgia tech getting embarrassed.

if louisville gets beat by ole miss are they already in danger in getting shut out of the cfp?

Prime BEEF

In a few years, the PAC will be clearly behind the Big 12 in the pecking order and regret not expanding.
They are behind the big 12 now and will also be behind the new big 12.

doubt they regret not expanding though. They are too stubborn and snobbish for that.

McFroggin

They are behind the big 12 now and will also be behind the new big 12.

doubt they regret not expanding though. They are too stubborn and snobbish for that.

I still think they will expand in 1-2 years. They have time to evaluate options and negotiate tv deals. PAC renegotiates earlier than Big 12. We have higher average tv viewership. It will likely benefit them to add 2-6 of us upon beginning the new deal, not a day before.

Froggy Style

They don't decide anything. If the Big 12 takes hold, ESPN will tell them who to add by telling them how much more they will pay.

Similar to how they broke up the Mountain West, CUSA, the Big East, the SWC, the first BIg 12, the 2nd Big 12, and eventually, this 3rd Big 12.

FBallFan123

The Pac 12 always takes these kinds of losses early.

It’s not a deep conference.

The Washington schools were good for a while, but Chris Peterson and Mike Leach are gone.

UCLA did beat LSU yesterday … perhaps Chip Kelly will move the Bruins into that upper tier.

LisaLT

I find it funny that Reese Davis said during an interview with Herbie Herbstreit that he thought Oregon was going to make the playoffs this year. Lol.

I think UCLA is legit though. Perhaps Kelly has them going now.

Cougar/Frog

I was a bit shocked at how badly the PAC-12 represented in Las Vegas last night. The LVRJ reported in its article today about BYU-Notre Dame next October in Vegas that 80% of the crowd last night was BYU fans.

UofA is about the same distance from Vegas as BYU and has lots of alums in Phoenix, Vegas, and SoCal, and only 10k or so show up for a major neutral site game opener. The Oregon State fans did better for the TCU-Oregon St. matchup at Cowboys stadium a decade ago.

Pharm Frog

I was a bit shocked at how badly the PAC-12 represented in Las Vegas last night. The LVRJ reported in its article today about BYU-Notre Dame next October in Vegas that 80% of the crowd last night was BYU fans.

UofA is about the same distance from Vegas as BYU and has lots of alums in Phoenix, Vegas, and SoCal, and only 10k or so show up for a major neutral site game opener. The Oregon State fans did better for the TCU-Oregon St. matchup at Cowboys stadium a decade ago.

When has Zona given a rats arse about football? Not surprised at all that a team on a 12 game losing streak ain’t drawing to a neutral site.

ticketfrog123

When has Zona given a rats arse about football? Not surprised at all that a team on a 12 game losing streak ain’t drawing to a neutral site.

they have top notch facilities and some big time donors.

they hired a coach from the patriots. They’re not Cal in terms of not caring about football

y2kFrog

I still think they will expand in 1-2 years. They have time to evaluate options and negotiate tv deals. PAC renegotiates earlier than Big 12. We have higher average tv viewership. It will likely benefit them to add 2-6 of us upon beginning the new deal, not a day before.

They may be trying to convince themselves they don’t need to expand but when they start getting numbers from TV networks their minds are going to change real quick. Same with the ACC.