• The KillerFrogs

Brian Estridge's B12 expansion candidates

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
He said of his initial four of BYU, CSU, UCF and USF, he was told by a good source two of those were slam dunks, two not so much. He assumes BYU and UCF were the slam dunks.

He said he has heard some rumors, then offered up this scenario:

BYU, Air Force, Army and Navy.

Hal Jay then suggested those plus adding BYU and UCF. But then again Hal Jay also asked why not Houston and SMU.

Thoughts?

Fort Frog

He said of his initial four of BYU, CSU, UCF and USF, he was told by a good source two of those were slam dunks, two not so much. He assumes BYU and UCF were the slam dunks.

Hal Jay then suggested those plus adding BYU and UCF. But then again Hal Jay also asked why not Houston and SMU.

Thoughts?
More expansion thoughts? We’ve been through this already haven’t we? Wake me when decisions are imminent or made!

Big Frog II

Service academies are great, but if we want to protect our team,s knees we will say no. Surprise he mentioned CSU. Surprised he didn't mention Cincinnati. Looks like BYU and UCF are the top 2. We need two more for sure.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Service academies are great, but if we want to protect our teams knees we will say no. Surprise he mentioned CSU. Surprised he didn't mention Cincinnati. Looks like BYU and UCF are the top 2. We need two more for sure.
BE did mention Cincy as a possibility, more in passing.

Palliative Care

I would pass on adding more Texas teams. I would like to add more team in the east but would consider even a team from the Pac although I doubt teams like Arizona or Arizona St are willing to consider the B12.

all of those candidates scream the old Big 12 is going to be the new Conference USA. Minus BYU as they have a legitimate national brand. SMU and Houston while oozing Conf USA Pedigree offer a regional rivalry component to the conversation. Accepting just how far the BIG 12 will drop once OU and UT leave is just depressing.

Wexahu

Sorry but the service academies are novelty additions IMO. It would be a Biden-like surrender to the CFP/ESPN terrorists.

Agree. All three have very low ceilings as programs. You want to appear like to are conceding you're in the minor leagues?....invite the service academies. I think the main draw for some people is that they see them as having national followings but also relatively easy to beat, with an emphasis on the latter.

If they are going to add teams, they need to be ones that have the highest ceilings as programs, preferably outside the current footprint.

Greetings Brethern and Sistern of the Orphaned 8!

I am an OSU fan and I wanted to drop by and say hello before the Gooners and the Whorns depart. Who knows what the Big 12 will look like next year if it continues to exist.

I would like to see us add BYU, UCF, USF, and Cincinnati. Houston would be acceptable if we jettison that awful school in Wacko. I hope we announce those decisions soon and they can join the year after UT and UT-Norman leave.

I have always rooted for the teams playing the Goons and the Whorns. Looks like this year we'll have to root twice as much with plenty of whorns down!

Good luck on the upcoming season!

Cincy is small time. Bleh.

BYU
UCF
USF

Then Colo St or New Mexico or Boise.

Minus BYU, they are all "small time" when it comes to college football pedigree. BYU has some standing and reputation but everyone else is small time and oozes belonging in the MWC/Conf USA/AAC. But beggars can't be choosers and looks like big 12 is going dumpster diving.

Palliative Care

Welcome aboard Captain Eric-

I agree that we need to root for the school in the Big 8 when they play one of the OUT schools. We also need to come to some negotiated buy out so we do not need them to hang around.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs

Thoughts?
USF has no fan support. CSU has built a beautiful stadium and does have an upside.