• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best pizza in FW?

Horned Toad

Olivella’s on Camp Bowie is my favorite. They moved several blocks east on Camp Bowie during the middle of Covid across the street from Kincaids. The have a super cracker crust thin “Metro” and a regular Roma (Neapolitan) crust. Get the “Don” with either crust. Comes with pepperoni, hamburger, sausage, tiny cubes of ham, and red onion. Damn it’s good. Take out only at the moment.

Edit: Oops that’s the Dela Carne at Olivella’s. The Don is at Grimaldi’s. Just had one. Delicious!

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Olivella’s on Camp Bowie is my favorite. They moved several blocks east on Camp Bowie during the middle of Covid across the street from Kincaids. The have a super cracker crust thin “Metro” and a regular Roma (Neapolitan) crust. Get the “Don” with either crust. Comes with pepperoni, hamburger, sausage, tiny cubes of ham, and red onion. Damn it’s good. Take out only at the moment.
(drool...)

Paul in uhh

I can’t remember the name of the place but the Italian place off 377/white settlement near Heim’s second location. They have a good pizza there.

Wexahu

I like the Detroit style. I actually like them all, but Detroit may be my favorite. A place down the street from me here in the people's republic of austin called Via 313 is excellent.

Cane Rosso closed their doors a few weeks ago down here too. Real shame as I loved their pizza.

I really like Cane Rosso too. I just hardly consider that pizza. More like an Italian crepe.

Campisi's is the most overrated place. Sorry Wex. It's solid but totally unremarkable.

Mellow Mushroom (various toppings, but pepperoni is great) is my favorite.
Wife loves Campisi's. I cannot stand it. But thankfully we both eat like pidgins so we order off the kids menu and I do not feel like I am wasting too much food. Salad is not half bad.

Flatbread Co. opened up fairly recently in Dallas. (Yeah, yeah.) It is delicious.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I like the Detroit style. I actually like them all, but Detroit may be my favorite. A place down the street from me here in the people's republic of austin called Via 313 is excellent.

Cane Rosso closed their doors a few weeks ago down here too. Real shame as I loved their pizza.
Via 313 is fantastic. The food truck version at the Texas beer garden on Rainy Street in particular but that’s because it pairs well with Texas beer.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Very good pizza. I don’t eat there often though for some reason.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Fort Brewery on magnolia was the best pizza in Fort Worth. But I think it may have died. They were supposed to open a new location north of W 7th but the website countdown to open has been at 0:0:00 for months and no pizzas are being made. Their Mexican lager was the best local beer going too.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
For you Austin folks - head over to a Bastrop on a nice day when you want to sit out on a patio, eat pizza and have a couple beers. There is a place called Neighbor’s Kitchen and Bar downtown but over looking the Colorado River and the old iron bridge. Almost all outdoor seating on decks down the slope to the river. Live music on certain days. It’s great. Pizza is a 7.5 but the atmosphere makes it better.

Armadillo

My favorite in Austin is probably Home Slice.

I know I'm in the minority, but I was totally underwhelmed by Home Slice. But my god do people love them around Austin. I need to give it another try.

Another of my local favorites is East Side Pies. If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes, it would be a fresh, hot pie from East Side Pies. Namely the Buscemi or Half Nelson.