• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best pizza in FW?

Bob Sugar

Chicago - Giordano's here in Las Vegas is truly the best.

But there are some good NY style places here too.
Giada has a restaurant in Vegas. I bet they had a solid pie.

giada_de_laurentiis_giada_de_laurentiis_pizza_cleavage_cap_01_zotftah-sized2.jpg

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I worked at the very first Palio's store when it first opened in 2005 (Colleyville). It's crazy how much it has grown since then. Owner is named Harry and he is from Turkey. He worked as a dishwasher for 20 years to save the money to open his own store. Now the guy has a big house, has been able to send all his kids to college, and has a decent sized boat and takes it out to Lake Lewisville a lot. American success story if I ever heard of one.
I lived down the street from his son until a few years ago. His son is building a restaurant empire and has some fantastic pizza places in Plano, Frisco and the Colony.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
For the record, I love pizza. I could eat it damn near every meal. And I’ve eaten it all over this damned country. I have strong pizza opinions so this thread is my wheelhouse.

if you put broccoli or any weird fruit vegetable type thing on pizza you are doing it wrong. Pizza has a foundation built on pepperoni and usually sausage. Maybe some onions and or jalapeños from time to time. But pineapple or broccoli or dates or whatever some weird ass Californian thought of? Nope. And get extra sauce. Red sauce. Not that communist white sauce. And yes I get the irony.

If anyone else likes hot [ Finebaum ]/ghost peppers etc. Zalat Pizza has some great pies and gives you the choice upon checkout to make one slice, at random (a la Russian Roulette), mixed with their ghost pepper paste. I am no stranger to spice, but it is hot as hell. Eat it with friends and all but one will be enjoying some delicious pizza.

Last edited:

Armadillo

Here’s another question…which style of pizza is best:
Chicago, New York, Detroit, St. Louis, Cali, New Haven, Quad Cities, some other style I’m not thinking of?
Fwiw, I’m firmly in the NY camp.

I like the Detroit style. I actually like them all, but Detroit may be my favorite. A place down the street from me here in the people's republic of austin called Via 313 is excellent.

Cane Rosso closed their doors a few weeks ago down here too. Real shame as I loved their pizza.