• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Eight

-30-team league
-Collective bargaining
-Salaries for players

Similar to what Dennis Dodd has speculated about…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ahoma-stating-intent-to-leave-big-12-for-sec/

College football realignment fallout: What's next with Texas, Oklahoma stating intent to leave Big 12 for SEC

—With the most best teams, the SEC will essentially be able to make its own rules. Why stop at a limit of 25 scholarships per year? The SEC could, on its own, go to 30. Why not 40? How about a 150-man roster?

—A Miami booster is essentially paying players for being on scholarship with the Hurricanes. Nick Saban claims Alabamaquarterback Bryce Young has earned almost $1 million. Taken to a logical conclusion, there is going to be faction of programs that will pay players and enter into group licensing agreements. That hints of unionization.

—Why stop there? Think reworked amateurism and eligibility rules. A streamlined enforcement model with more liberal rules where cases take weeks to be adjudicated instead of years. Think an SEC owned-and-operated streaming service that brings in even more money.

think the response of the guy whose twitter handle is Some Guy Talking College Football is where not only a number of fans are, but schools as well and the potentially long term impact on sports in america beyond college football

Paul in uhh

-30-team league
-Collective bargaining
-Salaries for players

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ahoma-stating-intent-to-leave-big-12-for-sec/

College football realignment fallout: What's next with Texas, Oklahoma stating intent to leave Big 12 for SEC

—With the most best teams, the SEC will essentially be able to make its own rules. Why stop at a limit of 25 scholarships per year? The SEC could, on its own, go to 30. Why not 40? How about a 150-man roster?

—A Miami booster is essentially paying players for being on scholarship with the Hurricanes. Nick Saban claims Alabamaquarterback Bryce Young has earned almost $1 million. Taken to a logical conclusion, there is going to be faction of programs that will pay players and enter into group licensing agreements. That hints of unionization.

—Why stop there? Think reworked amateurism and eligibility rules. A streamlined enforcement model with more liberal rules where cases take weeks to be adjudicated instead of years. Think an SEC owned-and-operated streaming service that brings in even more money.

I laugh at anybody who thinks they’re gonna get around title nine. They better be prepared to pay the women athletes as much as they are the men.

HG73

Jay Bilas reading his Disney script: "You're going to see the 'top teams' playing only each other going forward"

Top teams = most TV revenue (mostly football). Has nothing to do with level of competition. The bottom halves of each of the "P4" conferences, especially the ACC, are dead weight and would fit in the American. Disney is trying to make this minor league football to the detriment of the other 70 FBS schools

Why would the SEC merge with the ACC? They could just poach Clemson and then the ACC would be like the AAC.

TCU_91

You guys duck and dodge us. Cant beat someone who is unwilling to play.

TCU hasn't won a major bowl game in a decade.

You must be a cougar high grad because you're not good at math or reality.

i.e. Peach Bowl NY 6 Curb stomping 2014

Last edited:

Eight

it-begins.gif

Moose Stuff

-30-team league
-Collective bargaining
-Salaries for players

I have less than zero interest in that and I’m certain I’m not alone. I’ve spent the last 25 years of my life watching college football as often as humanly possible and whatever this is turning into will drive me away from the sport completely.

FBallFan123

I have less than zero interest in that and I’m certain I’m not alone. I’ve spent the last 25 years of my life watching college football as often as humanly possible and whatever this is turning into will drive me away from the sport completely.

Yeah, I’ve stopped watching pretty much all non-TCU college football in recent years.

The Southeastern semi-pro football league may appeal to some people, but not me.