• The KillerFrogs

OT: ZZ Top Bassist passes...

Horned Toad

I saw them in concert at least five times. Loved them so much I went to see them at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas when they were with The Rolling Stones Some Girls tour just to see ZZ Top. My favorite band of all time. So many great songs that defined my growing up in Texas. Quintessential Texas Rock band. La Grange, Driving While Blind, Tush, Heard it on the X, Jesus Just Left Chicao, Balinese, Back Door Love Affair, Mexican Black Bird, Mellow Down Easy…all these before they even got popular. RIP Dusty.

LisaLT

I remember that they warmed up for The Rolling Stones at the Cotton Bowl back in the day.

sorry to hear this. they were such a fun band. Great videos too!

Paint It Purple

Rest in peace Dusty.

Will be interesting to see if and how they reconstitute as an act. Billy, not surprisingly has already hinted at this. Bill Hamm their longtime manager insisted that the band would always consist of only Billy, Frank and Dusty. No exceptions. That brand formula worked. It's why they are the longest running band with no member shake ups. Billy wanted to ditch Frank when he was having troubles, but Dusty went to Hamm and stopped it. Publicly they were always in solidarity, but behind the scenes it was Billy the prima donna. Frank and Dusty, probably with selfish good reason, tolerated Billy. Frank once said while they were in studio recording triple XXX, that it's really hard to play the blues, when the lead is dosed up on xanax.