• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

TCUdirtbag

When making an argument to the PAC about inclusion, keep the specifics to yourself. Haha. They are still related. TTUHSC students are given student tickets to all athletics, rec facilities, etc at the primary institution. They are very related. UT has the strongest TX medical system, but the separate centers do not get UT Austin benefits. Totally separate.

Giving another university’s students access to their “rec facilities” doesn’t change their “totally separate” organization and accreditation or boost their #200 US News ranking. No one hear gives af about Texas tech. I mean, lol if it’s TCU OSU KSU and ISU (that’s insanely unlikely but still….lol)

Eight

With their basketball success I think they have a much better National identity than we do. The whole Baylor rape thing was not as big of a deal outside of Texas (although I’m sure the other ADs will certainly make it known in discussions with other conferences.
I respectfully disagree. Out here in NOVA, Baylor is essentially synonymous with “rape school” and “hypocrite Christians” Nobody even knows they won a natty in basketball. They are persona non grata among universities.
You dance with the devil, you get burned.

McFroggin

Giving another university’s students access to their “rec facilities” doesn’t change their “totally separate” organization and accreditation or boost their #200 US News ranking. No one hear gives af about Texas tech. I mean, lol if it’s TCU OSU KSU and ISU (that’s insanely unlikely but still….lol)

When each institution makes their pitch, I guarantee that they will lump it all. We will mention our medical school, etc. I’m not arguing how it’s structured. I agree with you. If we are going to pitch ourselves with any other school left, I’d vote TT and use any argument we have. ACC or PAC or bust.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
These are a bunch of talking heads. What they say matters about as much as what you or I say. Wake me up when someone has something official

No, but it does give some indication of the thinking in that part of the country. Just providing view points of the people in the direction we want to head…

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
A simple visit to tcu would wipe away many false perceptions that west coasters have. They think we are identical to byu and that’s the biggest hurdle here

That perception seems to be prevalent in a lot of places. Some numb nuts at my gym thought we were a Bible school and asked if we were affiliated with Gulfcoast Christian!?! I told him no, we were the school that beat his Badgers in the Rose Bowl.

LisaLT

why in the world would the pac add boise?

if there are concerns about the brand and footprint of tcu and say iowa state who actually believes boise brings more to the table and do we want to ask about their other sports

additionally, if the pac won't touch baylor for religous reasons does he actually believe they will put up with byu's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]?
I’m only concerned with our side of the PAC bracket. :). I do question some of the choices on the other side however.

Eight