• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Moose Stuff

That's what I thought, you don't know squat and just want to criticize thoughts you don't like.

Keep crying little sister, maybe if we do nothing and don't make too many waives we'll get a cookie at nap time.

I always assumed you were a grown man but these responses make me strongly question that. And FWIW, there might be one person posting in this thread that actually knows what he’s talking about.

ticketfrog123

I always assumed you were a grown man but these responses make me strongly question that. And FWIW, there might be one person posting in this thread that actually knows what he’s talking about.

Nobody here has ever assumed you were an adult

always the first to get uptight over an internet discussion

(no we don’t care what JC has to say since he’s your only source)

SuperTFrog

Yeah, I don’t have a plan because I’m smart enough to know that when something is a little above my pay grade it’s best to let things unfold a little bit before jumping in with the first thing that pops into your head in an effort to look smart/connected (see YA’s “yeah, none of this is happening” post for an example of that). This broke less than 24 hours ago and I don’t have the slightest clue what a realistic expectation of the end result for TCU might be (though admittedly it doesn’t look promising). BUT, what I do know is that anyone that thinks it’s even remotely possible that schools like Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, and ASU would leave where they’re at to board a sinking ship isn’t worth listening to. There’s a better chance that the SEC kicks out Alabama and LSU to add Abilene Christian and UTA than there is of that happening.
This is a message board where people are speculating on what is going to happen. You have no idea what is going on either? So it’s fun for you to try and make people feel stupid because you don’t agree with their ideas on something that nobody (including you) know anything about.

Seems like you may want to keep those hot tales to yourself.

I actually think the Nebraska to the Big 12 could have some legs. Nebraska has gone from a National power to a complete after thought. You think they like being completely mediocre in the big 10? If OU/UT leave, they could step in and be the blue blood/alpha male college and potentially return to prominence. That seems like that could be enticing to Nebraska. In the last 20 years they have gone from a top 5 program to a top 50 program.

Moose Stuff

This is a message board where people are speculating on what is going to happen. You have no idea what is going on either? So it’s fun for you to try and make people feel stupid because you don’t agree with their ideas on something that nobody (including you) know anything about.

I actually think the Nebraska to the Big 12 could have some legs. Nebraska has gone from a National power to a complete after thought. You think they like being completely mediocre in the big 10? If OU/UT leave, they could step in and be the blue blood/alpha male college and potentially return to prominence. That seems like that could be enticing to Nebraska. In the last 20 years they have gone from a top 5 program to a top 50 program.

I’ll add you to the list.

Eight

nebraska did hire trev albert as their ad so after that move i guess nothing is out of the realm of possibility

jake102

No it doesn't. It's so freaking dumb. They would be willingly giving away $10+mm a year not to mention the academic prestige of B10. No no no no no. Why would going to the Big 12 make them better competitively? The B10 isn't good outside of Ohio State and sometimes Wisky. And if the B12 loses UT and OU, our next contract (even wiht Nebraska) would probably be like $20mm/year. NO NO NO NO NO not happening

Moose Stuff

No it doesn't. It's so freaking dumb. They would be willingly giving away $10+mm a year not to mention the academic prestige of B10. No no no no no. Why would going to the Big 12 make them better competitively? The B10 isn't good outside of Ohio State and sometimes Wisky. And if the B12 loses UT and OU, our next contract (even wiht Nebraska) would probably be like $20mm/year. NO NO NO NO NO not happening

And 10 million is being VERY conservative. It might be closer to 30+ when it’s all said and done.

Eight

for some reason people just don't grasp there are not two other universities who have the brand and i mean true name recognition brand in football, eyeballs, and budgets on the level of ou and texas that are not in a better situation and this isn't about wins.

if nordstroms and neiman's pulls out as two anchors in a mall and you bring in kohl's and mervyn's the profile of the average shopper is going to change and the money spent at all those other stores between those two anchors is going to go down

ticketfrog123

Yeah just taking the current contracts. Like I noted in my post, once UT/OU leave, a fictional B12 with Nebraska and SMU would probably be like $20MM/year. It's idiotic to even suggest this situation for Nebraska

you’re assuming Ohio state doesn’t want to leave their basement dwelling conference mates

they’re well aware they can make more money in the SEC or independent

jake102

you’re assuming Ohio state doesn’t want to leave their basement dwelling conference mates

they’re well aware they can make more money in the SEC or independent

I mean sure, let's assume that Ohio State bolts from the B10, takes Michigan, Alabama and LSU says goodbye to the SEC to join Ohio State and Michigan, ND is like me too, Clemson wants all in on it, USC begs for a spot and SMU gets the surprise invite. They form the superhero conference. What happens now?

This assumes that the Big 10, PAC 12 and ACC all immediately go to 16 teams. If they do not want to do that, than the remaining 8 Big 12 teams are much better off adding the top 3-4 AAC teams and BYU than they are breaking up and joining the AAC, MWC, and CUSA.
Agree. Realignment boards always assume that there is some centralized plan being enacted, but each league is just reacting to the own set of circumstances and variables, primarily financial. At this point, I'm not seeing how things change for the other conferences, making it most likely they stay pat. The Big 12 will be left with the decision of whether to go to 10 or 12 and who to add.

ticketfrog123

I mean sure, let's assume that Ohio State bolts from the B10, takes Michigan, Alabama and LSU says goodbye to the SEC to join Ohio State and Michigan, ND is like me too, Clemson wants all in on it, USC begs for a spot and SMU gets the surprise invite. They form the superhero conference. What happens now?

The big ten is Ohio state and used to be Michigan when they were relevant

not a huge difference between 16 vs. 18 to figure out the scheduling.

if it’s all about money the FCS games will be dropped for warm-ups against G5 or ACC