• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

ticketfrog123

Yep, he is the source of all of this arrogance.

He should have gone to Austin and Norman in a private plane filled with hookers, booze, drugs, and a Polaroid camera. Then rented th and top floor of the nearest four star hotel, got all the top brass from each school to party like its 19 ninety-nine, taken pictures and had leverage in this situation.

Get a rope because it's all ADJD's fault.

*sarcasm*

i see the sarcasm tag but this clown was trying to raise ticket prices while the rug was pulled out from underneath

Palliative Care

A. The sky is not falling.
B. This only about the money and everything else is BS don't look behind the curtain flim flam.
C. We have monied people willing to do what it takes to survive all these changes.

Gringo1873

A. The sky is not falling.
B. This only about the money and everything else is BS don't look behind the curtain flim flam.
C. We have monied people willing to do what it takes to survive all these changes.

It's not just about money. Like most things in life, it's also about the consolidation of power and prestige. I'm not convinced that we can just buy our way out of this.

Bob Sugar

A conference needs main eventers to be considered a big conference. Who are the main eventers without Texas and OU?

Its like AEW filling up its wrestling promotion with a bunch of WWE midcard acts. Filling a conference with a bunch of midcard teams doesn't make it big.
This assumes that the Big 10, PAC 12 and ACC all immediately go to 16 teams. If they do not want to do that, than the remaining 8 Big 12 teams are much better off adding the top 3-4 AAC teams and BYU than they are breaking up and joining the AAC, MWC, and CUSA.

Big Frog II

If no other conference picks up any of the remaining 8 Big 12 teams, they are stronger together than the AAC or MWC. Now if the Pac-12 were to call, we need to say yes as fast as we can. USC at 9:30 > than any AAC team at anytime. It also looks like we may not have to worry about those 11:30 AM starts in September or October much longer.

ticketfrog123

If no other conference picks up any of the remaining 8 Big 12 teams, they are stronger together than the AAC or MWC. Now if the Pac-12 were to call, we need to say yes as fast as we can. USC at 9:30 > than any AAC team at anytime. It also looks like we may not have to worry about those 11:30 AM starts in September or October much longer.

pac 12 could take 4 and just do divisions like SEC currently does

Non-PST division:
Arizona
ASU
Colorado
Utah
4 big 12 schools (OKST, ISU, TCU + ???)

Moose Stuff

Okay moose droppings, what's your genius plan?

Curl up in a ball and cry like a 10 year old girl?

Yea, you're plugged in and no idea is worthy other than yours!

Yeah, I don’t have a plan because I’m smart enough to know that when something is a little above my pay grade it’s best to let things unfold a little bit before jumping in with the first thing that pops into your head in an effort to look smart/connected (see YA’s “yeah, none of this is happening” post for an example of that). This broke less than 24 hours ago and I don’t have the slightest clue what a realistic expectation of the end result for TCU might be (though admittedly it doesn’t look promising). BUT, what I do know is that anyone that thinks it’s even remotely possible that schools like Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, and ASU would leave where they’re at to board a sinking ship isn’t worth listening to. There’s a better chance that the SEC kicks out Alabama and LSU to add Abilene Christian and UTA than there is of that happening.

Froglaw

Add to that an aggressive non-conference scheduling of home and home with two other Power 5 teams.

Syracuse, Pitt, return trip in FW against Clemson, Miami, etc.

TCU and the rest of the Big 12/8 could put together a solid football schedule.

Basketball and baseball will remain strong.

The key is keeping the remaining 8 schools committed. This is where ADJD will earn his paycheck.

Eight

The Big 12 inferiority complex it has about itself is hard to witness. Been that way almost since the beginning.

Never did really totally understand it. Other conferences seem to work together. The Big 12 has always seemed hell bent on destroying itself. Thanks OU and UT.

goes back to the pissing match between texas and nebraska when the conference was first formed/

then we get the longhorn network. the break up of this conference isn't all on texas, but they haven't been all in from the start so why would other members do the same?

Froglaw

Yeah, I don’t have a plan because I’m smart enough to know that when something is a little above my pay grade it’s best to let things unfold a little bit before jumping in with the first thing that pops into your head in an effort to look smart/connected (see YA’s “yeah, none of this is happening” post for an example of that). This broke less than 24 hours ago and I don’t have the slightest clue what a realistic expectation of the end result for TCU might be (though admittedly it doesn’t look promising). BUT, what I do know is that anyone that thinks it’s even remotely possible that schools like Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, and ASU would leave where they’re at to board a sinking ship isn’t worth listening to. There’s a better chance that the SEC kicks out Alabama and LSU to add Abilene Christian and UTA than there is of that happening.

That's what I thought, you don't know squat and just want to criticize thoughts you don't like.

Keep crying little sister, maybe if we do nothing and don't make too many waives we'll get a cookie at nap time.