• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Froglaw

Fire donati

Yep, he is the source of all of this arrogance.

He should have gone to Austin and Norman in a private plane filled with hookers, booze, drugs, and a Polaroid camera. Then rented th and top floor of the nearest four star hotel, got all the top brass from each school to party like its 19 ninety-nine, taken pictures and had leverage in this situation.

Get a rope because it's all ADJD's fault.

*sarcasm*

Froglaw

Or the Big 12 goes back to the Big 8 format.

Maybe look at Houston and Memphis.

Do not panic.

OSU, ISU, KU, KSU, Tech, Baylor, TCU, and WVU is not an unattractive TV package standing alone.

Maybe look hard at Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, ASU.

I'm not sure that the remaining schools can't be successful standing alone with CFP expansion.

Klaw

D

Do not panic.

OSU, ISU, KU, KSU, Tech, Baylor, TCU, and WVU is not an unattractive TV package standing alone.

I'm not sure that the remaining schools can't be successful standing alone with CFP expansion.

I would also add Cincinnati and UCF to your list.

GoFrog Yourself

Do not panic.

Why would Colorado, Nebraska, and the Arizona schools leave their conference for a diluted Big 12? No chance Nebraska leaves that money and security behind, and the PAC is much better off than the Big 12 without Texas/OU.

I agree with not panicking but hoping major schools will join this dumpster fire seems like very wishful thinking

Moose Stuff

Do not panic.

I wrote on the other board that threads like this are perfect for separating those that know what they’re talking about from those that don’t. This is an example of that.

Yeah if it goes through the Big 12 will back fill with AAC schools and maybe BYU or MWC schools. I do think it will go to 12. The league will definitely lose some stature that will be be felt with TV rights packages and on the recruiting trail but things won’t bottom out either. I don’t think the PAC-12 or ACC are going to come into play either direction in terms of schools coming or going. Big 10 copying the SEC to 16 probably a higher risk and that is still unlikely.

LVH

Do not panic.

This is a dumb post.

KU and WVU are fine and will have landing spots.

LVH

Yeah if it goes through the Big 12 will back fill with AAC schools and maybe BYU or MWC schools. I do think it will go to 12. The league will definitely lose some stature that will be be felt with TV rights packages and on the recruiting trail but things won’t bottom out either. I don’t think the PAC-12 or ACC are going to come into play either direction in terms of schools coming or going. Big 10 copying the SEC to 16 probably a higher risk and that is still unlikely.

The Big 12 isn't going to do any "backfilling". Once Texas and OU are gone the league is dead. KU and WVU should be fine.

The question is what happens to the other 6. It's likely the AAC tries to absorb as many Big 12 leftovers as possible but without a single blue blood or name brand in the new AAC its just going to be like the 1998 WAC or early 2000s CUSA all over again.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass

Do not panic.

Big 12 expansion seems like a better option than TCU in the PAC 12. The middle of the country still has a lot to offer in terms of fan bases and interest, even without OU and Texas

LVH

Big 12 expansion seems like a better option than TCU in the PAC 12. The middle of the country still has a lot to offer in terms of fan bases and interest, even without OU and Texas

A conference needs main eventers to be considered a big conference. Who are the main eventers without Texas and OU?

Its like AEW filling up its wrestling promotion with a bunch of WWE midcard acts. Filling a conference with a bunch of midcard teams doesn't make it big.