• The KillerFrogs

FWST: 45 years after the Davis mansion murders, grisly Fort Worth landmark to be leveled

PO Frog

Was the theory that Davis did it himself, or had someone do it for him? Was the shooter masked or was there a reason the wife couldn’t identify him?

82 Frog Fever

The night of the murders in ‘76, I was sitting on a bus bound for Frontier Camp in Colorado. Sitting one seat away was Jackie Wilborn Jr. (Priscilla’s son/Andrea’s brother). The next morning, just outside Pueblo, they told him the news, pulled him off the bus, and rushed him back to Fort Worth.
For the next 30+ years he battled addiction and depression.
In 2008 he died from a lethal dose of alcohol/morphine, found dead slumped over a public park picnic table.

Was the theory that Davis did it himself, or had someone do it for him? Was the shooter masked or was there a reason the wife couldn’t identify him?

As I remember, not always accurate, there was a mysterious man dressed in black, probably masked, that carried out the assault. Most people thought it was Cullen Davis who did it. But a flamboyant attorney, Racehorse Haynes, defended him and Davis was acquitted.

As I remember, not always accurate, there was a mysterious man dressed in black, probably masked, that carried out the assault. Most people thought it was Cullen Davis who did it. But a flamboyant attorney, Racehorse Haynes, defended him and Davis was acquitted.
Wasn’t Cullen Davis’ testimony that he was there on the grounds of the property and he saw the man in black? I think Pricilla Davis, Bubba Gavral, and Bev Bass all said that night that it was Cullen Davis. They crazy part was Racehorse Haynes got Davis off in the 2nd trial which was a murder for hire deal. It was a sting operation with the Davis divorce judge posing in the trunk of a car with fake blood and gunshot wounds. They had Davis on wire taps agreeing to pay the hitman and the cops grabbed him as the was dropping the payoff money at the restaurant at the SE corner of Hulen and 820.

The night of the murders in ‘76, I was sitting on a bus bound for Frontier Camp in Colorado. Sitting one seat away was Jackie Wilborn Jr. (Priscilla’s son/Andrea’s brother). The next morning, just outside Pueblo, they told him the news, pulled him off the bus, and rushed him back to Fort Worth.
For the next 30+ years he battled addiction and depression.
In 2008 he died from a lethal dose of alcohol/morphine, found dead slumped over a public park picnic table.

Awful.

Wasn’t Cullen Davis’ testimony that he was there on the grounds of the property and he saw the man in black? I think Pricilla Davis, Bubba Gavral, and Bev Bass all said that night that it was Cullen Davis. They crazy part was Racehorse Haynes got Davis off in the 2nd trial which was a murder for hire deal. It was a sting operation with the Davis divorce judge posing in the trunk of a car with fake blood and gunshot wounds. They had Davis on wire taps agreeing to pay the hitman and the cops grabbed him as the was dropping the payoff money at the restaurant at the SE corner of Hulen and 820.

Denny's?

Limp Lizard

My recollection was there was a ton of evidence against Cullen. But he got the best lawyers available. Get a good enough lawyer and it will be hard to convict anyone of anything.

I met his father, Ken "Stinky" Davis, once. A true aggy anal spincter He was old then (1960's) and for some reason would hang around a restaurant in Azle. Liked to brag about his wealth, etc.

CryptoMiner

My recollection was there was a ton of evidence against Cullen. But he got the best lawyers available. Get a good enough lawyer and it will be hard to convict anyone of anything.

I met his father, Ken "Stinky" Davis, once. A true aggy anal spincter He was old then (1960's) and for some reason would hang around a restaurant in Azle. Liked to brag about his wealth, etc.

No, they never found the wig, gun or any of Cullen's fingerprints at the scene. Evidence was Bev and Priscilla saying it was him.