• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

RoyaltyWorePurple

If I had a kid looking at college right now, I would give Liberty a hard look. It’s looking to be one of the last conservative institutions left in this country and has an athletic program that continues to progress.
Ahhh yes. That good old bastion of integrity. Nothing like having a president and "pastor" take a $10.5mm payout to resign due to sex scandals. Not to mention hiring McCaw who oversaw that great cesspool down south without hesitation. But sure....Liberty is "up and coming".

Zubaz

Ahhh yes. That good old bastion of integrity. Nothing like having a president and "pastor" take a $10.5mm payout to resign due to sex scandals. Not to mention hiring McCaw who oversaw that great cesspool down south without hesitation. But sure....Liberty is "up and coming".
Any school that teaches YEC as if it were valid barely qualifies as an institution of higher learning, and is probably more accurately labeled a church. Whatever you think of TCU, it is miles ahead of were Liberty is.

jake102

Any school that teaches YEC as if it were valid barely qualifies as an institution of higher learning, and is probably more accurately labeled a church. Whatever you think of TCU, it is miles ahead of were Liberty is.

I'd hire someone from BYU in a heartbeat..... plenty fine education despite some of the things they believe.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Folks,

American society survived the great Miss or Ms or Mrs language kerfuffle.

This one shall pass, too.

VOCABULARY-Miss.png

Paint It Purple

I would be curious as to how much carries over to other industrialized nations. It does not seem to be an issue in third world countries, but I have not researched it.

I see this mostly as a cry out by younger generations (mostly) as they need to form a way to identify themselves as part of a group while trying to create an artificial individual for that group. .
Sorry to continue to quote from this Bruce Bawer, AmGreatness article, but here it is:

"I suspect you don’t hear people in the Dharavi slum in Mumbai, or Ezbet el Haggana in Cairo, or the favelas of Rio, talking very much about the continuum of gender. No, this is the domain of privileged First World youth—Americans in particular. When Americans go to the supermarket, we expect to be able to choose among a couple of hundred brands of soft drinks, cookies, breakfast cereal, toothpaste, you name it. Perhaps it was inevitable, then, that millions of young Americans would jump on the gender bandwagon, with its countless identity-label options. Why settle for less?"

Zubaz

So you can't see beyond one issue? There's no way someone could be qualified for a job because Liberty teaches YEC? You don't think anything BYU teaches is as "crazy"?
I didn't say a thing about the people that choose to attend the church. I do think an alleged higher learning institution having a "science" department teaching young earth creationism as valid should be ashamed of that stain on their reputation, far in excess of whatever I see from TCU.

Well, I say that, but that same church hired Ian McCaw, so their shame barometer probably isn't all that strong to begin with.

YA

Yep, pedophilia, so funny, so funny to joke about pedophilia. We could all use a good laugh. What a great subject to joke around about.
The joke wasn't about pedos you sick man, it was joke about nuts like you thinking being around gay people makes people turn gay.

YA

The sad part is that I don't think TCU really seems to care. Their smugness and arrogance in regards to the way they think of themselves has become clear. And for now, there's enough out of state money flowing in that it doesn't really matter to them when long time donors peace out.

I wonder though, how much of this out of state demand is driven by parents that want their kids to have an elite private school experience while still maintaining some semblance of sanity and relatively conservative or moderate values. I may be way off, but to me that used to be some of the charm and appeal of TCU. TCU doesn't have the academic prestige of the Vanderbilts, USCs, Wake Forests, etc. of the world, but it offered a phenomenal education on a beautiful campus with elite D1 sports in a relatively conservative TX city with relatively conservative values. Now we're nothing but a bunch of woke wanna-bes with a less prestigious academic reputation. There's nothing unique or special about us anymore. We're becoming an overpriced, tier 2, leftist indoctrination factory.
Mr TCU, the university rankings have never been higher.

Maybe you just need to disassociate yourself from TCU since you are so unhappy.

PO Frog

It’s pretty obvious that many, including in this thread, are doing just that. I’m pretty much done but for some remaining sports interests. But another lame football season and I’ll probably be done there as well. Not the place I went to school or am really all that proud to be associated with.

ticketfrog123

admission standards have dropped since maniac attended - don’t think the rankings are that much higher (if they’re actually any higher at all)

YA

youre wrong - check the acceptance rate vs 2012-14

it’s skyrocketed to Baylor levels and discussed on previous threads
national rankings is what I am talking about

On acceptance rates

The historical trend chart shows acceptance rates from the previous years, from which we have projected the acceptance rate for the 2021-2022 school year. The overall acceptance rate trend for Texas Christian University has been getting much higher in the past few years.

Acceptance Rate By Year
  • 2016-2017: 37.6%
  • 2017-2018: 41.1%
  • 2018-2019: 40.7%
  • 2019-2020: 47.2%
  • Projected TCU Acceptance Rate 2021-2022: 40.0%
The acceptance rate for TCU is twenty percent lower than the national average of all colleges which is around 56.7%.

Nearby Similar College Acceptance Rates
School Acceptance Rate
Southern Methodist University 47.3%
Texas Woman's University 93.2%
Tarleton State University 55.8%
Baylor University 45.3%
Texas A & M University-Commerce 43.1%

https://www.acceptancerate.com/schools/texas-christian-university